custom sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom sounds

i'm wondering how to use sound inside the engine. i know basic kismet. and i've imported a .wav file already. can someone tell me how to hook things up so as soon as my level starts up the sound will play, thanks.

You need to create a SoundCue for your sound if you haven't already. It is easiest to have it created automatically when importing, but you can do it manually as well. Ask if you do not know how to go about that. Once you have the SoundCue, it is fairly straightforward. In Kismet:

Level Startup event -> Play Sound action (assign SoundCue here)

Comment

Depending on what you are doing you can also just add an ambient sound actor. No Kismet needed. Make sure you have the sound cue selected then you can just right click where you want it in the perspective window and use the place X sound as an ambient sound actor.

Comment

What is your custom sound doing for your map?

As you can see...many ways to do different things/effects.

Be a little more specific please so we can better assist you.

Comment

I want to play someone saying "welcome to the planetarium" as soon as the level starts. but i think i have it working now.

Comment

Originally posted by heffer View Post
            I want to play someone saying "welcome to the planetarium" as soon as the level starts. but i think i have it working now.
            Nice, just edit your Thread Title if you get it worked out....like add (Solved, Fixed, etc.)

Plus, you might want to share your findings...might help someone else.

Comment

Working...
            X