map check message i cant figure out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

map check message i cant figure out

everytime i build the lighting in my map i get this map check message and i cant figure out how to make it go away:

"Actor has bAccepts light set but only uses unlit materials"

it has something to do with my water in the level if anyone knows how to fix this i would greatly appreciate any help. thank you.

It means that the mesh shouldn't have lighting on for it and doesn't need lighting that way, just turn off bAccepts Light in the mesh properties.

Comment

Select the offending actor (double-clicking the message will work) and set it's bAcceptsLights property to false (uncheck it). If it's a bsp surface, you may have to select the surface manually and press F5 to open its properties.

Comment

cool. that worked out just fine (turned out it was the skybox) thank you for the feedback

Comment

There are a few actors that do not have this property but still get this error. I have really found no problem with these errors affecting game play or anything else. I think it really just a way to optimize the map. I know the Render2DTexture actors have this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorebringer View Post
            There are a few actors that do not have this property but still get this error. I have really found no problem with these errors affecting game play or anything else. I think it really just a way to optimize the map. I know the Render2DTexture actors have this issue.
            It's true, another bug ...

Comment

I think you'll notice these are not errors at all, but warnings. They are just telling you that you are causing lighting to be calculated for a mesh which doesn't need it. They won't affect the functioning of a map, but they could impact performance in the extreme case.

Comment

Working...
              X