soft bouncy material?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

soft bouncy material?

hi, i want to put soft & bouncy place on my map; but dunno how.
    is it a way to apply those properties to material:
    a) no fall damage;
    b) if it blocked fall dmg, you ragdoll out a little up??
    (imagine yourself ragdolled, bouncing on trampoline )

only thing I can think of is 2 gravity volumes one that pushes and one that slows abit.

Comment

Originally posted by erykparowa View Post
      hi, i want to put soft & bouncy place on my map; but dunno how.
      is it a way to apply those properties to material:
      a) no fall damage;
      b) if it blocked fall dmg, you ragdoll out a little up??
      (imagine yourself ragdolled, bouncing on trampoline )
      I think that is quite easy to do for other KActors, but impossible to do for player. Making something bounce is easy if it is mesh, but impossible if it is player or bot.

If you can make it work for pawns (players/bots) you do not need to make material. Place RadialForce actor, and trigger, make quite fast retrigger timer, and connect in Kismet. But this only works for other KACtors, I could not make any of force actors affect player.

You also can place directional force volume and trigger it every time player walks over it. But those do not work if player is walking, you need to jump for it to affect player.

Comment

not that

i meant that the bounce dont occur always on touch only if you fall with fall damage and it makes you also ragdoll.. example here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/85489451...ctons.gif.html

first guy is walking - nothing;
        second jumpin - nothing
        third falling - ragdoll him

Comment

I do not think its possible to apply ragdoll physics to player or bot before they die. But there is slight hope: look into feign death code and when player falls from hoverboard, i think its a bit of ragdoll physics in those moments. But that will be not trivial.

Comment

I think when you press feign death you become a ragdoll pawn.

To proove this try the cheat playersonly: It freezes everything (including bots) except for you.
            Now if you feign death you freeze as well untill you turn the cheat off

Therefore the player becomes a ragdoll and does not have a ragdoll function.

Comment

I do not think it's possible to the material itself.
              Now if you're after just a trampoline effect then shouldn't a jumppad
              and some physics or gravity volumes get u somewhere w/ the correct values?

good luck.

Comment

Working...
              X