Vehicle Scaling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle Scaling?

Is there any way to scale vehicles? I made a tunnel for a vehicle in 3 hours only to find out the vehicle wouldn't fit through it. It would be very very painful to resize the tunnel and stuff. So I was wondering if there was a way to scale vehicles?

I can go into the properties of the vehicle and set the display scale down and then it looks right in the editor, but when I test the map, it's back at normal size.

Is it possible to scale a vehicle?

I don't think it is, unless you make a mod.. but I could be wrong.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's not. I would just recommend redoing the tunnel. You really should have verified the size of the vehicle before creating the tunnel.

Comment

I think you might be able to in the properties.

Find display, try that?

Comment

Resize the tunnel.

Comment

Possible? Yes. Should you do it? No.

Comment

Originally posted by marilol View Post
              I think you might be able to in the properties.

Find display, try that?
              As stated above, I already tried to resize it with the display properties. It scales correctly in the editor, but in the game, there is no change.

I guess I'll be redoing the tunnel.

Comment

Originally posted by Kantham View Post
                Possible? Yes. Should you do it? No.
                How do you do it though?

Comment

Originally posted by Dremth View Post
                  How do you do it though?
                  Don't think about scaling it from the editor, you'd have to create a new vehicle class using coding, and changing the overall scale of the vehicle while hoping that all the attachments of the vehicle will follow too. Things like Collisions, the wheels, weapon turret.

Comment

i figured it would be complicated like that. i'm almost done resizing the tunnel though, but thanks anyways.

Comment

I was hoping to do the same, only the vehicle I want to resize (Cicada) will not be used in-game, it is only for asthetics... I need to make a Cicada really big, then put smoke & fire all over it... want to make it look like it crash landed.

So I'm not worried about attachements following the resize or not. The resized Cicada is part of the furniture so to speak...

What's the best way to get this resize to stick?

Comment

Maybe find away to convert it into a static mesh?

Comment

I tried turning it into a prefab.. din't work. Tried exporting it as a *.obj file.. then tried to reimport it into the map, but again it dissapered... (I most likely screwed that up, cause I'm a zero to the left with UnrealEd & 3d stuff)

How could I convert it into a static mesh?

Comment

Working...
                          X