Making custom things for UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making custom things for UT3

How do I do the following, make custom meterials to use on my walls en floors.

I was also wondering, how do you make half-sphere and it must be hollow inside, to make a sun-roof thing?

Waterfalls, and giving textures to watervolumes,

flags with custom tetures (meterials)

and the tornado effect used in the AGEAI PHYSX MOD

and last but not least, rain, how do i put rain effect in?

can anybody please give me some advice on atleast one of the questions, that'll be cool

Thanks

1) Import textures into the editor. Use the material editor to turn those textures into materials. Materials can be applied to surfaces.

2) Those half-spheres are meshes, I believe. Don't know anything about how to create those.

3) No idea.

4) Don't know.

5) Don't know.

6) Rain is a particle effect. There is a particle effect editor in UED. Just add a particle effect emitter and do some stuff with Kismet probably in the editor on a level and you'll be set.

Comment

There's also a rain static mesh actor in the UN_Weather package, though you will get so-so results (but acceptable if used right) at the bonus of a much Higher FPS (friendlier for online play). You could do your rain with emitters and wouldn't even have to bother with kismet unless you plan on making the rain fall off or slow down over time, or rain harder and harder as time goes on....

Textures for Watervolumes? Do you mean when it gets all blurry and wavy in the stock maps? That is done with a post-process volume that overlaps the watervolume.

A tornado could be made by using emitters for the actual tornado and Kismet/Matinee for any physics you want to apply to it.

Comment

I did "Import" the .BMP & (forgot the oter format) into my "packadge" and selected "create meterial" check-box, it shows there but i can't apply, even when i save everything en go into UnrealED, it's there, but i cant apply...?

Sometimes when i do it the meterial looks like that grey-and-white textures that is default when building a new surface...

O yes, I'm planing to make a map where if you fall off, instead of dying it teleports you to the centre of the map, any way i can do this?

I saw you can make a "portal volume"????? or i might misread it

Comment

You have to import the texture, then right-click in the Generic Browser>New Material

Name the Package same as your map's name (without the ".ut3" Extension)

Then open the Material in the Materials Editor, Right-Click there with your texture selected (because it's useless as-is) and find New Texture Sample.... Plug that into Diffuse (I think is what the top thing is on the Material, I'm sleepy and about to go to bed....)

Do the same with Specularity and Normal Maps....

Close and make sure you click Yes or Yes to All when the little window pops up so it saves the changes.....

Go select surface and apply the Material as usual....

That's a real basic material... Hourences has some nice tutorials on his site explaining more in-depth materials editing.

There's a Custom Teleporter Volume of some sort, haven't messed with it yet, but I imagine it wouldn't be very hard to set up.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRalfZer0 View Post
            How do I do the following, make custom meterials to use on my walls en floors.
            http://www.gasduck.com/gasduck/Basic...icMaterial.htm
            http://www.crazybump.com/

I was also wondering, how do you make half-sphere and it must be hollow inside, to make a sun-roof thing?
            For sky domes open the package "UN_Sky" in the generic browser located in "\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\Environments"
            Or open a stock map with the sky you want and right click the sky dome and select "Sync Generic Browser".
            Or make your own and download some.http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...hlight=skydome

Waterfalls, and giving textures to watervolumes,
            http://help.hourences.com/tutorialsue3watervolumes.htm

Comment

Thanks Zoo... will go take a look

Comment

Working...
              X