Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

odd artifacts in 3D viewport on water

can some explain this to me?:

it only happens when the edges of my viewport go....over? for lack of a better term, my water and im not sure why its doing it

thanx
    zim

Yeah that happens to me too. I'm not sure what is causing it, but the important thing is that the map looks as it should when you play test it. It's nothing to worry about, a minor annoyance, ignore it.

Comment

This happened to me with the glass in a map, I dunno why it does that, but it ended up being harmless in the actaul game... Is a little disconcerting in the editor though.

Comment

My guess is you are using distortion in your water and it is set high enough that it is causing the artifacts you are seeing. It's hard to explain, but the distortion is causing parts of the world that should be offscreen and thus not rendered to be onscreen...but those parts weren't rendered so you get the effect you see in the screenshot. That is my assumption of what is happening without knowing the exact details of what is going on under the hood. Regardless, it is almost always a result of using distortion and dialing down the amount of distortion usually fixes it.

Comment

Originally posted by ffejnosliw View Post
          My guess is you are using distortion in your water and it is set high enough that it is causing the artifacts you are seeing. It's hard to explain, but the distortion is causing parts of the world that should be offscreen and thus not rendered to be onscreen...but those parts weren't rendered so you get the effect you see in the screenshot. That is my assumption of what is happening without knowing the exact details of what is going on under the hood. Regardless, it is almost always a result of using distortion and dialing down the amount of distortion usually fixes it.
          makes sense

thanks everyone. long as its harmless im good now

Comment

Working...
          X