applying textures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

applying textures

i've been trying to apply textures to a wall for the past few hours, and its not working i click the wall, then click the texture - nothing happens.
    i right click the wall, click apply material - nothing happens

and also, is there a way to turn down the grid size thingy, for rotating meshes and stuff like in the old ued, because its giving me problems. Thanks,

- Ejon

anyone there?

Comment

Textures cannot be applied to surfaces. You must apply a Material to the surface. A texture is just color information. A material contains much more information such as specularity, transparency, distortion, etc. UE3 requires a material to be constructed from the various textures which can then be applied to a surface in the game.

There are grid settings for translation, rotation, and scaling in the bottom right of the editor and in the View menu I believe.

Comment

http://www.utforge.com/index.php?PHP...4bb54c&page=31
        look at chapter 4 for materials.

Good luck,
        Alex

Comment

ok, because im trying to rotate something, and i cant. im trying to put a wall panel in a cylinder. everytime i try to rotate it, it jitters, and when im done, its slightly slanted where its not straight any help with that?

Comment

Use the top, side, or front viewports to perform the rotation? Enter the rotation values directly into the Rotation property (under Movement) of the actor?

Comment

thanks, it works now

Comment

Working...
              X