Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making a level in a standard 3d prog (lightwave)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a level in a standard 3d prog (lightwave)

Would it be possible to block out the basic map in lightwave then import into UEd for texturing and such? Does it assign surfaces basised on individual planes? Was thinking of getting into UEd but I know my lightwave so would prefer to use that for basic building...

no, you can only import geometry that was exported from the editor itself (in unreal txt form)

You should spend the time learning the editor then trying to find ways to bypass it, besides even if you could get your geometry in, you'd have to go through several more steps trying to get it to be as usable as the BSP shell the engine wants you to make. If you are having trouble learning the engine I'll list some video training below from the collectors edition dvd, but you will just have to get use to the editor, I've been using it a week or two now and I've pretty much mastered the BSP system, so it really is not that hard.

http://www.utforge.com/index.php?PHP...c082b7&page=31
    You will need to get the Divx web player plugin.

Hang in there,
    Alex

Comment

look at hourences tutorials about how he made those 2 "mesh only" levels. that is about as far as you can go with creating map outside of UT editor.

Comment

What about creating new brushes?

Is there a way to create a brush from an external app and import into unreal?

Comment

Working...
        X