UnrealED problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UnrealED problems

Hi, im new here, but im not new to unrealed/utournament. I've been using the 2004 unrealed for years, and now am excited about this new version. i just opened it up yesterday to try it out, here are a few of my problems. i would appreciate any help, thanks!

1. i subtract a cube, yet nothing happens. i add a cube, and the outsides lightup. whats up with that? when i subtract, i can't add any textures, its just the same.

2. what is with the textures/mesh packages? are the files under the "Generic" popup window the only ones? because it seems like only a few if you ask me.

3. how can i make my own character in ued?

4. i know this has nothing to do with the level editing etc.. but why is it that everytime i start a campaign, and restart the game, it restarts the campaign?

Thanks in advance,

EJon

Originally posted by EpicJon View Post
    Hi, im new here, but im not new to unrealed/utournament. I've been using the 2004 unrealed for years, and now am excited about this new version. i just opened it up yesterday to try it out, here are a few of my problems. i would appreciate any help, thanks!

1. i subtract a cube, yet nothing happens. i add a cube, and the outsides lightup. whats up with that? when i subtract, i can't add any textures, its just the same.

2. what is with the textures/mesh packages? are the files under the "Generic" popup window the only ones? because it seems like only a few if you ask me.

3. how can i make my own character in ued?

4. i know this has nothing to do with the level editing etc.. but why is it that everytime i start a campaign, and restart the game, it restarts the campaign?

Thanks in advance,

EJon
    1.) Did you choose additive or Subtractive when you strated the map?
    2.)You have to surf the packages offered in the Generic browser. Also you have to check off the items you want to view in the left column.(IE: materials, static meshes, etc)
    3.) I haven't played much with that part of the editor yet........
    4.) Have you completed any of the check points?

Comment

1. how do i choose additive or subtractive?
      2. yeah, i am but its very few packages, like whats the packages for necris stuff and all that? for meshes, and textures?
      3. i finished missions, yet it restarts

Comment

1. how do i choose additive or subtractive?
        2. yeah, i am but its very few packages, like whats the packages for necris stuff and all that? for meshes, and textures?
        3. i finished missions, yet it restarts

1.) Use the new project icon when you start UEd. Use Additive for outdoors and Subtractive for indoor mapping.

2) Necris stuff is under environments and prefixes beginning with NEC_

3.) Have you patched the game? Mine only retarted missions when I was without the patch.....

Comment

I suggest you go here http://www.utforge.com/index.php?PHP...c082b7&page=31

and watch these tutorials on using the editor. (taken from the collectors edition apparently)

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonDeath View Post
            1.) Use the new project icon when you start UEd. Use Additive for outdoors and Subtractive for indoor mapping.

2) Necris stuff is under environments and prefixes beginning with NEC_

3.) Have you patched the game? Mine only retarted missions when I was without the patch.....
            ok i got the additive and subtractive working, but heres a question on that -

subtractive means inside only maps? what does that mean, only inside maps, no skyboxes, or terrain?

Outdoor maps, is that like terrain maps or something?

Where do i find enviroments? is it i the static mesh checkbox?

and how many patches are there? and where can i find them?

Thanks,

- EJon

Comment

I feel sorry for those that bought the collectors edition for the tutorials, because they are literally all over the place.

Comment

ok i got the additive and subtractive working, but heres a question on that -

subtractive means inside only maps? what does that mean, only inside maps, no skyboxes, or terrain?

Outdoor maps, is that like terrain maps or something?
                Technically, you can make any type of map with either method. Subtractive maps take up to 10 times longer to build lighting so it is really best to use Additive maps either way.

Where do i find enviroments? is it i the static mesh checkbox?
                He means the Environments folder. With the default installation location, it would be located here:
                C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\Environments
                and how many patches are there? and where can i find them?
                Bottom of this page:

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/UT3ModHome.html

Comment

Working...
                X