Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blocking Volume makes my JumpPads unusable....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blocking Volume makes my JumpPads unusable....

I had an entire map at a pretty decent level of completion, but then decided that it would probably be a good idea to cap the top off with one big blocking volume so spectators couldn't see over the tops of the walls.

I had everything working fine, Jump Pads included, then added the volume and every last one of them now says... "Path to <PathNode_#> could not be succesfully made."

Okay, I could see if the volume was actually blocking something, but it's not... It's way the hell up far, far from the player even coming close to touching it.

I delete it, it is all fine. I make a new one, I get the same **** even in rooms on the opposite side of the map from the volume...

Even made an 8x8x8 cube and put it about 10000 units below my map, same error.

Jumppad paths generally arc higher than the pathnode they are linked to in order to make the jump successfully. Press the P shortcut key to review your pathing to make sure this arc isn't touching your blocking volume.

Comment

Try with any adjacent pathnodes as the target and a few new jumppads? That might narrow down the problem to either the target pathnode or the jumppad.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeRingHalo View Post
        Jumppad paths generally arc higher than the pathnode they are linked to in order to make the jump successfully. Press the P shortcut key to review your pathing to make sure this arc isn't touching your blocking volume.
        yes, it's probably the thing you have missing.
        The arc of the jumpad (pink arc with "P" shortcut) have to not pass through the blocking volume.

Comment

...and maybe, the editor is calculating the possible use of 'LowGrav" into your map and with that in mind will shoot a player up into that blocking volume?

just a thought.

Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
          X