Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shadows are missing in game but are present in "in editor game"!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadows are missing in game but are present in "in editor game"!!!!!!!

someone please help me....
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=598024

bumpppppppppppp

Comment

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=598024. see your answer.

Comment

bumpppppppppppppppp

Comment

No Problem here,
          You have way too many lights in that map, that's why you have no or very faint shadows. I added one pointlight and got real good shadows.

Reduce the amount of lights you have.

Comment

well, most lights have low radius with high fall exponent. so that shouldn't be a problem. (and i'm trying to follow how 3D-Buzz's tutorial says...kinda like their lighting process)

the problem is that "it is perfectly ok with shadows when i play it in the editor"
            but the shadows are missing when i play it in real game.

"No problem here"
            you mean you get the shadows? the flickering/jittering shadow (resulting from the flames) when you take the flag?

Comment

Number of lights is not the issue

Originally posted by ProjectUT View Post
              No Problem here,
              You have way too many lights in that map, that's why you have no or very faint shadows. I added one pointlight and got real good shadows.

Reduce the amount of lights you have.
              Even with just a few lights I'm having this same problem. I got my castle to cast shadows on itself and on surrounding terrain within the editor, and editor game, but after "cooking" and running in UT3, all the shadows are gone.

I'm using a skylight and a spotlight with forcedynamiclight set to true. As I said, it works in the editor and editor game, but another problem is that the castle now accepts no other lights, like weapon pickup and point lights...

Comment

Why did you set forcedynamiclight to true, exactly? If it's just ordinary sunlight you want then there should be no need to change any settings beyond brightness, colour and radius.

Comment

probably he wants his "sun" to cast shadow.
                  and i can guess, this works PERFECTLY fine in "in editor game", but once you play the map (cooked or uncooked; doesn't matter) in UT3, those shadows DO NOT show even if you are using highest level of detail...wtf? Epic............

Comment

Working...
                  X