No Enforcer Spawner?! SOLVED!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Enforcer Spawner?! SOLVED!!

Add a weapon pickup base and you will see that there is no option for the base to spawn an enforcer pistol. I need this for the map I am making. I don't understand why there is a mutator which allows you to replace pickups with the enforcer but you can not create a weapon spawner that spawns enforcer. Also you could spawn the assault rifle in the ut2004 editor....
    I guess there is a way to create a custom actor class where I can make a weapon spawner that spawns an enforcer but I don't know the class name of the enforcer, also that can't be a mutator, it has to be built into the level. I am sure that this could be fixed by epic in like 2 seconds and I am sure that many people will think I am making to big of a deal but I just planned and created a whole map and now that I am adding pickups I see that there is no enforcer. I am making a balanced duel map here and I kinda need that enforcer.
    Does anyone know how I can make a weapon base spawn an Enforcer Pistol.
    Thanks for reading.

Add it to a weapon locker?

Comment

I thought I may be able to do that and change the locker to look like a pickup base but you can not add enforcer to the weapon locker...

Comment

Ok! Problem solved thanks to Keen and Wail.
        Here is how you make a weapon base spawn an enforcer.
        Create a weapon base and assign a weapon to it.
        Then right click the weapon base and click copy.
        Then open notepad or context and click paste.
        You will see this

Begin Map
        Begin Level
        Begin Actor Class=UTWeaponPickupFactory Name=UTWeaponPickupFactory_2 Archetype=UTWeaponPickupFactory'UTGame.Default__UT WeaponPickupFactory'
        Begin Object Class=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent Name=PickupLightEnvironment ObjName=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent_2 Archetype=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent'UTGame. Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory:PickupLightEnvironm ent'
        Name="DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent_2"
        ObjectArchetype=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent'U TGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory:PickupLightEn vironment'
        End Object
        Begin Object Class=ParticleSystemComponent Name=GlowEffect ObjName=ParticleSystemComponent_51 Archetype=ParticleSystemComponent'UTGame.Default__ UTWeaponPickupFactory:GlowEffect'
        bJustAttached=True
        LightingChannels=(bInitialized=True,Dynamic=True)
        Name="ParticleSystemComponent_51"
        ObjectArchetype=ParticleSystemComponent'UTGame.Def ault__UTWeaponPickupFactory:GlowEffect'
        End Object
        Begin Object Class=StaticMeshComponent Name=StaticMeshComponent_6 ObjName=StaticMeshComponent_6 Archetype=StaticMeshComponent'Engine.Default__Stat icMeshComponent'
        Begin Object Class=MaterialInstanceConstant Name=MaterialInstanceConstant_2 ObjName=MaterialInstanceConstant_2 Archetype=MaterialInstanceConstant'Engine.Default_ _MaterialInstanceConstant'
        Parent=Material'PICKUPS.WeaponBase.Materials.M_Pic kups_WeaponBase_Glow'
        Name="MaterialInstanceConstant_2"
        ObjectArchetype=MaterialInstanceConstant'Engine.De fault__MaterialInstanceConstant'
        End Object
        StaticMesh=StaticMesh'PICKUPS.Health_Large.Mesh.S_ Pickups_Base_HealthGlow01'
        Materials(0)=MaterialInstanceConstant'MaterialInst anceConstant_2'
        bAcceptsDecals=False
        CastShadow=False
        bAcceptsLights=False
        CollideActors=False
        BlockActors=False
        BlockZeroExtent=False
        BlockNonZeroExtent=False
        BlockRigidBody=False
        Name="StaticMeshComponent_6"
        ObjectArchetype=StaticMeshComponent'Engine.Default __StaticMeshComponent'
        End Object
        Begin Object Class=StaticMeshComponent Name=BaseMeshComp ObjName=StaticMeshComponent_2 Archetype=StaticMeshComponent'UTGame.Default__UTWe aponPickupFactory:BaseMeshComp'
        LightEnvironment=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent' DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent_2'
        LightingChannels=(bInitialized=True)
        Name="StaticMeshComponent_2"
        ObjectArchetype=StaticMeshComponent'UTGame.Default __UTWeaponPickupFactory:BaseMeshComp'
        End Object
        Begin Object Class=CylinderComponent Name=CollisionCylinder ObjName=CylinderComponent_75 Archetype=CylinderComponent'UTGame.Default__UTWeap onPickupFactory:CollisionCylinder'
        Name="CylinderComponent_75"
        ObjectArchetype=CylinderComponent'UTGame.Default__ UTWeaponPickupFactory:CollisionCylinder'
        End Object
        Begin Object Class=PathRenderingComponent Name=PathRenderer ObjName=PathRenderingComponent_2 Archetype=PathRenderingComponent'UTGame.Default__U TWeaponPickupFactory:PathRenderer'
        Name="PathRenderingComponent_2"
        ObjectArchetype=PathRenderingComponent'UTGame.Defa ult__UTWeaponPickupFactory:PathRenderer'
        End Object
        WeaponPickupClass=Class'UTGame.UTWeap_Stinger'
        BaseGlow=ParticleSystemComponent'ParticleSystemCom ponent_51'
        LightEnvironment=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent' DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent_2'
        bPathsChanged=True
        CylinderComponent=CylinderComponent'CylinderCompon ent_75'
        Components(0)=CylinderComponent'CylinderComponent_ 75'
        Components(1)=PathRenderingComponent'PathRendering Component_2'
        Components(2)=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent'Dyn amicLightEnvironmentComponent_2'
        Components(3)=StaticMeshComponent'StaticMeshCompon ent_2'
        Components(4)=ParticleSystemComponent'ParticleSyst emComponent_51'
        bLockLocation=True
        Tag="UTWeaponPickupFactory"
        Location=(X=-1663.982910,Y=-1280.004150,Z=108.000000)
        CollisionComponent=CylinderComponent'CylinderCompo nent_75'
        Name="UTWeaponPickupFactory_2"
        ObjectArchetype=UTWeaponPickupFactory'UTGame.Defau lt__UTWeaponPickupFactory'
        End Actor
        End Level
        Begin Surface
        End Surface
        End Map

Right here, it's down a bit, change stinger to Enforcer.
        ObjectArchetype=PathRenderingComponent'UTGame.Defa ult__UTWeaponPickupFactory:PathRenderer'
        End Object

End Object
        WeaponPickupClass=Class'UTGame.UTWeap_Enforcer'

Thats it!

Comment

Hey - thanks the for the info. Works great.

Comment

Great! Sometimes adding an Enforcer can really balance out your map!

Comment

there is a mod to give u dual enforcers when u start it comes with a pack first one on ut3mod/mutators

Comment

Yes but this way the enforcer is coded into your map without the use of separate mods or mutators. I could have made my Enforcer a Flak and just used the weapon replace mutator, but it was necessary to have the enforcer spawn.

Comment

Awesome tip, thank you very much!

Comment

My editor already allows me to place an enforcer spawner. I just choose weapon pickup and then i choose enforcer in the add weapon drop down box.

Why have i got this and you not (i haven't got the collectors edition, i have 1.1)

Comment

Originally posted by Bebo View Post
                      Ok! Problem solved thanks to Keen and Wail.
                      Here is how you make a weapon base spawn an enforcer.
                      Create a weapon base and assign a weapon to it.
                      Then right click the weapon base and click copy.
                      Then open notepad or context and click paste.
                      You will see this

Begin Map
                      Begin Level
                      Begin Actor Class=UTWeaponPickupFactory Name=UTWeaponPickupFactory_2 Archetype=UTWeaponPickupFactory'UTGame.Default__UT WeaponPickupFactory'
                      Begin Object Class=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent Name=PickupLightEnvironment ObjName=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent_2 Archetype=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent'UTGame. Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory:PickupLightEnvironm ent'
                      Name="DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent_2"
                      ObjectArchetype=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent'U TGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory:PickupLightEn vironment'
                      End Object
                      Begin Object Class=ParticleSystemComponent Name=GlowEffect ObjName=ParticleSystemComponent_51 Archetype=ParticleSystemComponent'UTGame.Default__ UTWeaponPickupFactory:GlowEffect'
                      bJustAttached=True
                      Name="ParticleSystemComponent_51"
                      ObjectArchetype=ParticleSystemComponent'UTGame.Def ault__UTWeaponPickupFactory:GlowEffect'
                      End Object
                      Begin Object Class=StaticMeshComponent Name=StaticMeshComponent_6 ObjName=StaticMeshComponent_6 Archetype=StaticMeshComponent'Engine.Default__Stat icMeshComponent'
                      Begin Object Class=MaterialInstanceConstant Name=MaterialInstanceConstant_2 ObjName=MaterialInstanceConstant_2 Archetype=MaterialInstanceConstant'Engine.Default_ _MaterialInstanceConstant'
                      Parent=Material'PICKUPS.WeaponBase.Materials.M_Pic kups_WeaponBase_Glow'
                      Name="MaterialInstanceConstant_2"
                      ObjectArchetype=MaterialInstanceConstant'Engine.De fault__MaterialInstanceConstant'
                      End Object
                      StaticMesh=StaticMesh'PICKUPS.Health_Large.Mesh.S_ Pickups_Base_HealthGlow01'
                      Materials(0)=MaterialInstanceConstant'MaterialInst anceConstant_2'
                      bAcceptsDecals=False
                      CastShadow=False
                      bAcceptsLights=False
                      CollideActors=False
                      BlockActors=False
                      BlockZeroExtent=False
                      BlockNonZeroExtent=False
                      BlockRigidBody=False
                      Name="StaticMeshComponent_6"
                      ObjectArchetype=StaticMeshComponent'Engine.Default __StaticMeshComponent'
                      End Object
                      Begin Object Class=StaticMeshComponent Name=BaseMeshComp ObjName=StaticMeshComponent_2 Archetype=StaticMeshComponent'UTGame.Default__UTWe aponPickupFactory:BaseMeshComp'
                      LightingChannels=(bInitialized=True)
                      Name="StaticMeshComponent_2"
                      ObjectArchetype=StaticMeshComponent'UTGame.Default __UTWeaponPickupFactory:BaseMeshComp'
                      End Object
                      Begin Object Class=CylinderComponent Name=CollisionCylinder ObjName=CylinderComponent_75 Archetype=CylinderComponent'UTGame.Default__UTWeap onPickupFactory:CollisionCylinder'
                      Name="CylinderComponent_75"
                      ObjectArchetype=CylinderComponent'UTGame.Default__ UTWeaponPickupFactory:CollisionCylinder'
                      End Object
                      Begin Object Class=PathRenderingComponent Name=PathRenderer ObjName=PathRenderingComponent_2 Archetype=PathRenderingComponent'UTGame.Default__U TWeaponPickupFactory:PathRenderer'
                      Name="PathRenderingComponent_2"
                      End Object
                      bPathsChanged=True
                      CylinderComponent=CylinderComponent'CylinderCompon ent_75'
                      Components(0)=CylinderComponent'CylinderComponent_ 75'
                      Components(1)=PathRenderingComponent'PathRendering Component_2'
                      Components(2)=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent'Dyn amicLightEnvironmentComponent_2'
                      Components(3)=StaticMeshComponent'StaticMeshCompon ent_2'
                      Components(4)=ParticleSystemComponent'ParticleSyst emComponent_51'
                      bLockLocation=True
                      Tag="UTWeaponPickupFactory"
                      Location=(X=-1663.982910,Y=-1280.004150,Z=108.000000)
                      CollisionComponent=CylinderComponent'CylinderCompo nent_75'
                      Name="UTWeaponPickupFactory_2"
                      ObjectArchetype=UTWeaponPickupFactory'UTGame.Defau lt__UTWeaponPickupFactory'
                      End Actor
                      End Level
                      Begin Surface
                      End Surface
                      End Map

Right here, it's down a bit, change stinger to Enforcer.
                      End Object

End Object
                      WeaponPickupClass=Class'UTGame.UTWeap_Enforcer'

Thats it!
                      I tried doing this, but when I Pasted the enforcer code back into the Editor, the new Weapon Base simply had nothing in its Properties for pickup class. It also didn't spawn anything when I play-tested the map.

Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

When you paste in you enforcer weapon base it will have no weapon selected. If you just paste it in then don't touch anything it should work.

Comment

Ah, ok it worked! Thanks much!

Comment

So my question is why do i have the enforcer spawner, also one other thing.

If i try make a warfare map i can only place countdown nodes?

There are no normal ones and if i set the countdown to 0 it just changes it to 256.

WTF is wrong with my editor?

Comment

Originally posted by marilol View Post
                              So my question is why do i have the enforcer spawner, also one other thing.

If i try make a warfare map i can only place countdown nodes?

There are no normal ones and if i set the countdown to 0 it just changes it to 256.

WTF is wrong with my editor?
                              I never made onslaught maps or warfare maps so I can't help you. Also I have no clue why you can add an enforcer in the drop box.

Comment

Working...
                              X