Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

How to create mod custom character .ini data

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xero View Post
    Thanks for the info. I was just about digging through the .inis for a way to do this when I found this thread. I'll just have to sit tight and wait for the next patch.

Not to sound ungrateful but I was a little disappointed by the lack of custom character tutorials on Collector's Edition. The level designers got all the goods this time around.

Agree completely, thats the eason I bought the collectors edition.

Comment

Just a correction for anyone copy/pasting.

Originally posted by Mysterial View Post
      Code:
      [UTGame.UTCustomChar_Data]
      +Parts=(Part=PART_Head,ObjectName="MyTestPackage.MyTestHead",PartID="M",FamilyID="IRNM")

Comment

Help? Please?

I did something wrong I think... Inside the Unreal3Ed, I created a custom SSS shader. I applied it to my custom 3d head and it looks wonderful. I placed the mesh package/materials package in BOTH the Unpublished AND Published folders under 'MyDocuments.' I modified the CustomChar.ini file in the Config folder to load my Custom Char. When I start Unreal to create my own character, my head and textures work PERFECTLY.

However.... once I actually start a game, It looks like the engine cant find my textures and the head is completely white. does anyone know what the deal is?

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralSoundwave View Post
          I did something wrong I think... Inside the Unreal3Ed, I created a custom SSS shader. I applied it to my custom 3d head and it looks wonderful. I placed the mesh package/materials package in BOTH the Unpublished AND Published folders under 'MyDocuments.' I modified the CustomChar.ini file in the Config folder to load my Custom Char. When I start Unreal to create my own character, my head and textures work PERFECTLY.

However.... once I actually start a game, It looks like the engine cant find my textures and the head is completely white. does anyone know what the deal is?
          Everyone making custom chars is having this issue in some way shape or form.

visit this thread: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...582817&page=49

it'll answer a lot of questions, prepare for a lengthy read.

Comment

My guess is that Epic will do like they did back in the UT99 days, I think they will release a patch that will contain custom characters within in. Like the Skarj, Nali, WarCow and Xan, that will actually show us how it has to be done, how to setup the folders, textures and inis, etc.

The other thing I would be really grateful to have is the animation .bip files if there are any. Considering the amount of animation sequences (over 200?) and the complexity of positioning the hands at the right spot for the weapons, the bip files are a great help to make characters with custom skeletons.

Comment

Is there a way to add a "CUSTOM" faction to the game? I want to put all models in there to simplify selection

Comment

Originally posted by LorD_AnGeLuS View Post
                Is there a way to add a "CUSTOM" faction to the game? I want to put all models in there to simplify selection
                You'd have to wait for the patch first.
                It probably will be done the same way they manage to add the male- and female-classes in one faction.
                I wouldn't recommend it though as it makes it difficult to search for the right model/character if you have to scroll through dozens of characters when you could find them faster if they were grouped into factions of similar characters (like a rodent-faction for mutant mice and rats for example).

Comment

sorry to pop the hopeful bubble
                  Custom faction support is coming in the next patch.
                  but this didn't happen, yes we can have "Custom Families" so we still have to put our custom characters in the Epic made Factions.
                  I think this is down to the way the factions are displayed in the character selection screen which is actually a map(UTFrontEnd.ut3) which selects the arena(background) via kismet and a lot of code.

so maybe next time

"In Hand" by the Epic guys

Comment

I wish you could mod the Xbox 360 version

Comment

Ya, Microsoft is convincing me to get a PS3... to bad PS3s don't have any really good games...

Comment

Is there any way possible to have custom skins and mods on the 360 version?... Just a wild question there...

Comment

how would this work for ps3?? do this for pc first then cook the modified characters ini to ps3?? (by meaning the character ini for bot names)

Comment

Working...
                          X