Lighting Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighting Issue

I keep getting this strange glitch with my shadowing in the editor where shadows are cast on surfaces but there seems to be a transparency where i see the shadow existing in the void through the wall. After trying to find out what could be causing it Ive come to the conclusion i have no idea what im doing or did wrong. I cant continue since it makes viewing my work extremely hard.

Click the build lighting button in the top right hand corner, its a little light balb icon.

Comment

When I move a mesh, it does the same thing. But then I rebuild the map - or just the lights - and it goes back to normal lighting.

Comment

Ummmm.... that's because the editor is using its estimated lighting, which can be glitchy and when you build lights, it then displays only pre-built lights until you move something in the map....

That's normal.... well, normal for UT3Ed

I usually work only in Unlit mode to avoid this and only switch to Lit mode to see if everything's looking as it should be occasionally...

UEd is a beast in the resource whoring department, so it's generally a bad thing to be editing a ton of **** in Lit mode, just gives it a reason to crash on you...

Comment

I am not sure what video card you are using but I have noticed that on my main box I have a ATI 1950 and I get that issue BAD while trying to look at lit mode after changes and before building. The NVidia computer seems to show shadows and lighting way better in the same situation. On the other two machines (7800 and 6600) they both look better while checking out lighting before it is built. It is just one of those fun things to get used to with the editor.

Comment

Working...
          X