How do you make a Skybox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you make a Skybox

I know that now-a-days we use skydomes, but lets say perchance we are still using a subtractive level. Is it possible to use skyboxes at all? I havn't been able to find them so I'm wondering if they are still supported in the new UnrealEd.

If they are not supported, does anyone have any suggestions for a backdrop atmosphere besides converting to additive?

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14578052z2DzNag

Comment

Great video, personally I found it very helpful and will no doubt be looking over the other tutorials in time.. Still, I don't think it answered the question.

Comment

Make a big additive box.

Then subtract your rooms and corridors out of that. Any subtractive room that intersects the big additive box will look out on to the static mesh you used as your skydome.

It's additive in a subtractive kind of way.

Comment

Where can you find the skydomes for UT3?

EDIT: UN_sky inside environments

Comment

Wondered that myself. Since my subtractive level has the same height everywhere I thought about cutting out a huge box above my level to place a skydome in it. Should work or?

Comment

Thanx guys, but I'm looking for something OTHER than converting it into a additive level. I know that I can convert it, and how to do it, I just don't want to.

Comment

I don't think UT3 supports skyboxes anymore. My only suggestion if you really want to stay subtractive is just to put the sky dome inside of the large subtracted cube.

Comment

Working...
                X