Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forced paths, one direction, doesn't go the way i want.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forced paths, one direction, doesn't go the way i want.

OK so in the level im building at the moment (my first one for UT, ever) I have a bit like the Suspense bridge, where you can drop down and go into the little coves with jump boots or armour.

So on my map, i have a little cove, with a shield belt, i have had to force paths to make bots get down there, but it forces it both ways, now i don't want them to try to get back up, which a few of them have done, i have tried setting 'bOneWayPath' on each path node separately, or on both, even clicking one first then the other both ways. But what ever happens it always does it forcing the path up.

So i went to look at Suspense, and for some interesting reason they onyl have one forced path (i think its forced, it's yellow =\) going down, neither of the 2 nodes involved has 'bOneWayPath' enabled, or anything else i can see different.

There is another way out which i want the bots to take and that seems to work, so how can i get this path forced down only?

Did you have oriented you pathnodes set on OneWayPath ?
    Look at your pathnodes in the viewport, you can see a blue arrow on it.
    Try to move this arrow on the direction you want the bot go only.
    It must be works.
    (of course you need to have another way to let the bots leave the cove , otherwise the bots will be blocked inside it and will try endless to go back by the way there are come).

Comment

After switching the OneWayPath, i got it, took a lot of figuring out and arrow rotation, i think i get how it works, but hell, it'll go wrong again soon

Comment

I'm still trying to figure it out *?*

Comment

Working...
        X