Custom parts for characters ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom parts for characters ?

The PS3 cooking guide ( http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/PS3Mods.html ) reveals that you need to create a UtCustomChar.ini
    Code:
     [CustomParts] 
    CustomParts=(Part=PART_Helmet,ObjectName="MyChars.MyHelmet",PartID="MYCHARSA",FamilyID="IRNM")
    Is it possible that this method will work for PC-version as well ?
    It would make it easier to deploy new parts as they would not have to edit the 'official' UtCustomChar.ini themselves.

[shot]http://www.newcreationrecords.co.uk/ut3t4.jpg[/shot]

already been taken care of the unlock all chars and body parts wil be released in next version

Comment

this is not about unlocking existing body parts/characters.
      It is about adding new parts *without* having to modify the UtCustomChar.ini
      The instructions for the PS3-mod tools appear to hint that such things are possible for that version.
      That makes me wonder if something similar is possible for the pc-version as well, because it would make life a hell of a lot easier for those who create custom characters.

Comment

I was asking a ps3 user yesterday evening about this and getting some feedback on the Xan model. No word yet. Not sure if the guy forgot or he broke his PS3.

Comment

we need tutes on how to add new parts!

Comment

Originally posted by Melekai View Post
            we need tutes on how to add new parts!
            parts are 'easy' by comparison provided that we can around having to edit any of Epic's ini-files.
            It's new characters, factions and voicepacks that are effectively impossible at the moment.

Comment

just tried the [CustomParts] but it didn't work but what did was that i pasted all my lines under all the others (as a block) and that worked ok

Comment

**** .. I kind of was hoping that adding new characters/parts could be done in the same way as new maps get to have their own .ini-file for map-name and playercount.

I figured that it might be some 'hidden' magic, because the scripts themselves didn't show any alternate sources for UtCustomChar.ini
                Otoh ... these 'alternate' sources are detailed in the code that searches for maps. So something similar is possible if Epic wants to make the changes required.

Comment

Working...
                X