Make a player fall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make a player fall?

Again I'm messing around in Kismet and want to make a player fall (like when he falls off the hoverboard or gets touched by the redeemer blast) when he/she walks over a certain spot. Something slippery.

I tried Physicsvolume but can't get it to work.

I don't know if you can do this with Kismet, but the hoverboard calls ForceRagdoll() on the driver. Maybe there's some way to call that from Kismet. You can place a Trigger (press C to see its collision cylinder and adjust size and position as needed), then in Kismet add a Touch event for it, and from there see if you can call ForceRagdoll() on the UTPawn that touched it.

Comment

Thanks but unfortunately can't get find anything related to Ragdoll.

Comment

I am trying to find this out, too.
        But i haven't had succeeded.

Comment

Place a trigger or trigger volume in your map.

Highlight the trigger in your map, open Kismet, right click "new event using trigger - touch". In the trigger properties set "max trigger count" to 0.

Right click "new action - misc - console command". In the console command properties for "command" add "feigndeath".

Right click "new variable - object - player"

Link "touched" from the trigger to "in" on the console command.

Link "target" from the console command to player.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoo View Post
            Place a trigger or trigger volume in your map.

Highlight the trigger in your map, open Kismet, right click "new event using trigger - touch". In the trigger properties set "max trigger count" to 0.

Right click "new action - misc - console command". In the console command properties for "command" add "feigndeath".

Right click "new variable - object - player"

Link "touched" from the trigger to "in" on the console command.

Link "target" from the console command to player.
            thats some good information i might find that uselful in my map WIP...

Comment

Thank you so much Zoo^^

Comment

okay,.. uhmmm.. i tried it and it worked. But not in the way I wanted it.
                In an online match ALL PLAYERS will feigndeath if just one touches the Triggervolume.

Zoo do you maybe know another way how I can detect who triggers the volme and that only this person will ragdoll ? (seems that you are en expert in this ^^)

Comment

Originally posted by KorteX View Post
                  okay,.. uhmmm.. i tried it and it worked. But not in the way I wanted it.
                  In an online match ALL PLAYERS will feigndeath if just one touches the Triggervolume.
                  In the player variable properties in Kismet is "bAllPlayers" which is ticked by default. Try it unticked.

No expert, I have just started messing about with Kismet after reading this.

http://www.avld.org/pages/tuts/tuts.htm

Comment

Ok thx I 'll try it and tell then. will watch your link then, too.
                    But naaaw i've to to go to clan-training :P

Comment

Originally posted by KorteX View Post
                      That is actually a pretty cool feature. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Molgan View Post
                        That is actually a pretty cool feature. ^^
                        Same thought for me !

Comment

haha XD
                          yeah , it was really funny testing with my mates :P

Comment

Working...
                          X