BSP Surfaces totally dark when converting from UT2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSP Surfaces totally dark when converting from UT2004

So I converted some brushes manually (even tried the UT3 converter tool) from UT2004 into UT3. Some of the surfaces refuse to light at all. What can I do about this?

Are the textures showing? Might be an alignment issue, as crazy as it sounds...
    Could also have something to do with ripping a subtractive level out of 04, and throwing it into an additive invironment, play around with that.

Good luck

Comment

Its probably some of the brushes on your bsp cutout, go into wireframe and see if the ones with black textures have a special type of brush color that look different from everything else.

Comment

Try another light channels on your light sources.

Comment

From my own expirments this was caused by SHEET brushes that were brought over during the conversion. The way to fix this is delete them an re create them in the new editor.

Also after a conversion dont forget to get rid of your zoneportal brushes, light/dark green ones.

Comment

No, actually the way to fix this is to select all surfaces and set the appropriate light channels like DS3 said.

Comment

Working...
            X