post process effect during player spawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

post process effect during player spawn

in one of the DM maps, DM-Desiel i think its called , when you spawn, there is a hazy blue effect over you screen that quickly fades, how did they do this, i would like to use this in my map...
    when you spawn you screen goes blue for a sec when you spawn, i tried to see how they did it, I disabled scene effect something something in the post process volume which stopped the effect, but I couldn't see and option for how it was done, wats even more confusing is when I copied the volume into my own map.. I have the same settings but didn't even get the effect ??? anyone know?

I spent forever looking through the map but couldn't figure out how they do it. But I came up with my own way, it's pretty easy:

1) Right click in the generic browser, create a new camera animation. They're edited just like Matinee sequences, and you can add new vector and float property tracks to override the PPV settings for the player camera. Make whatever changes you like.

2) In Kismet, hook up the out of a player spawned event (make sure to set maxtriggercount to 0 so its infinite) to a play camera animation action. Feed the player spawned instigator into an empty object, which also functions as the camera animation's target. The last thing is to set AnimToPlay to your camera animation and it should now play every time a player spawns.

Comment

thanks, that sounded very confusing.. ill have to ask for a screen of your kismet? if i look into it further.

Comment

Kismet is always hard to explain in words, it's actually really simple. Here's my file (I hope I cooked it right ), look in the generic browser in the 'dm-dieseleffect' package for the camera animation and in Kismet for how to trigger it.

The trigger in the middle of the room will kill you when used, just so you can res and see the effect easily.

Comment

thanks, ill take a look..

Comment

I opened it up, im not sure if i could see how you did it because it was cooked, i didnt see any kismet targets attached, they were null. when i looked at the package in the geniric browser under the package you named i was a file but there wasnt much in it that explained anything... Im so lost.

the target was null but the action did reference the package file.. but when i looked at the properties of the file there wasnt much to look at.

read your post again, looks like what you did is what i saw, but what should i see in the "camra animation:

Comment

Working...
            X