level spinning (not just skyball)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

level spinning (not just skyball)

Anybody know how to make the entire sky spin, not just the stars? I want the planets to spin as if attached to the stars. I've tried to make them all spin, but they just spin in place, not with the starball.

Let me know

I think you answered your own question without even realizing it. Attach the planets to the "starball" by setting the Attachment -> Base property of each of the planet InterpActors to point to the "starball" InterpActor.

Comment

heheh, I found it. had no clue it was that simple! Just had to type the correct name in the BASE of the planets and clutter.

For future references,

HERE IS A STEP BY STEP GUIDE to MAKING THE SKY SPIN:

1. I had to convert all meshes to MOVERS(just the things I wanted to spin)

2. then select ALL "BUT the main ATACHEE" (the one that the movers are FOLLOWING)

3. open their properties and go to ATTACHMENTS, and where it says BASE, you type in the EXACT NAME of the mesh(as shown in the generic browser) that you want all the objects to follow.
      my case it was "InterpActor_216" as the name. after that, they'll all spin with the skyball(when you go in-game).

Done.

Comment

Just so you know...with all the actors selected and the properties window open, you can click the Lock Selected Actors? button in the top left corner of the properties window. This will keep the properties window displaying the properties for those actors and allow you to select another actor in order to assign it to a property. Once you select the other actor, clicking the Use Current Selection In Browser button of a property, such as Base, will assign that actor to the property for the previously selected actors. It's a lot easier than trying to type the name in manually and the whole reason the button exists.

Comment

Working...
        X