Where are the packages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are the packages?

I know, this sounds like a stupid question. I'm using the Mastering Unreal tutorials that came with the UT3 Special Edition and Part 1 discusses opening a package to add a wall-shader to the starting room... problem is, there doesn't seem to be any packages installed on my system!

Where are they exactly?

oh wait, I've found them.

It would've been nice, however, if the 3DBuzz people doing the vids had bothered to discuss where to find them all for absolute newbies

Comment

Naw that would kill the joy of searching : )

Comment

Ok I've got a new thing here... this is a bug.

I've finished the "first map" in the tutorials but something's wrong with the lights in new levels. Whenever I use the same method as I did before (after using the brush to make an empty room), it only lights the floor - when you raise it out of the floor, the shader disappears and it appears as a wireframe box! It seems as though it no longer likes me using the "lit" function for a room in any new map.

[UPDATE] For some reason there are a lot of things that don't seem to be working properly at the moment with UK versions of this editor; compared to what's in the tutorials (one being binding/predefined shortcut keys). It could be my system spec, but why some things were working earlier and not any more doesn't account for that. Another extremely annoying thing is this flash-save feature that kicks off every 10mins or so, as 3dsmax does this automatically and can actually fill tons of memory unnecessarily, screwing up what you're building.

Comment

Ok don't mind me It's taking me a while to get the hang of this editor because I normally use SOURCE -- some of the tools and setup you have much more control over with UE. I will say, however, the keybinds for UK versions of the game don't seem to work at all as they do in the tutorial-videos, though this may be related to the issues that existed in the MP demo as well. I ask only that that problem is investigated.

The devs can close the thread if they wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyncharas View Post
            oh wait, I've found them.

It would've been nice, however, if the 3DBuzz people doing the vids had bothered to discuss where to find them all for absolute newbies
            Where did you find them?
            I did a search and theres nothing as irritating than a "i found them" and nothing else when youre searching for an answer.

Comment

Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\Environments

Comment

Thanks man :tup:

Comment

Working...
                X