truble making a spot light actor rotate, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    But you do not need to make dynamic, rotating light, you can make material that acts like old alarm light from ut99. Would be about same whan you make just 1 spotlight, but when you want more beams from one spot, material wuins performance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
    Hourences has nice tutorial on rotating beam material. You could instead make that material and material switch to rotating/non rotating version in kismet. I will look at rotating spotlight now, maybe i find something.
    Um i dont need to make any materials. but thatnks

Originally posted by ffejnosliw View Post
    You have to set the Physics to PHYS_Interpolating under Movement in the InterpActor's properties. You should also set the bUseQuatInterpolation (that may not be the exact name) property for the movement track. This will cause it to take the shortest path to the next rotation key and should keep the craziness from happening.
    I did set that, but that's for the tip in removing the craziness that did help
    your post prompted me to start from scratch, silly me. this time instead of trigger able spot light i used movable.. makes sense :S haha works now in game.. thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You have to set the Physics to PHYS_Interpolating under Movement in the InterpActor's properties. You should also set the bUseQuatInterpolation (that may not be the exact name) property for the movement track. This will cause it to take the shortest path to the next rotation key and should keep the craziness from happening.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hourences has nice tutorial on rotating beam material. You could instead make that material and material switch to rotating/non rotating version in kismet. I will look at rotating spotlight now, maybe i find something.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic truble making a spot light actor rotate, please help

truble making a spot light actor rotate, please help

Ok so for my CTF map i wanted an alarm light to rotate when the flag is taken, iv got the event all set for the flag being taken and all but the light light only rotates in the editor, it is set to dynamic.

iv got other events set up for when the flag is taken and they work fine... anyone got a method for making a dynamic spotlight rotate?

the method iv tried is no different to that of making an interpactor rotate, i add it to a matinee then add movement track then I rotate the key frames.. this works in editor but not in game.

1 final note is that this method made it very difficult setting the rotation, because it had i mind of its own, eg it will rotate all over the place but would end up where i set the key frame ??? what's with that.. i guess its because its and actor.

there must be a method i do not know... any help please.
Working...
X