No announcement yet.

Getting a weapon into the game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a max file containing a unreal weapon model with the correct bone placement and setup in it? currently im using the file that i downloaded from UDN called UT3_Male... I think. It has a weapon in it... Ive learned that this is for the 3rd person mesh more than it is for the first person mesh. I opened unrealed and wrote down all of the bone names and applied them to my model, but even after I set up the socket for the MuzzleFlash, I still dont see any bullets or muzzleflashes. I CAN however inflict damage on my opponent. I also cant see my 3rd person mesh too.

PLUS, in unreal2004, we were able to move the weapon in-game to get the correct position through code or the editor. does anyone know the new 'edit actorclass' command?

Comment

i've got some weapon tutorials at my site http://www.ut40k.planetunreal.gamespy.com/ not complete but they work

UT3 has a lot less consol commands that be-ing one of many that has been left out

Comment

Referance Problems with Weapon Package

Hi:

I am having a similiar problem. I also am following the tutorials on the 40K site. I am using Maya insead of Max, but I don't think thats the issue. I get everything into the Editor fine. I save the package in the Custom Weapons folder.

At compiling the script I get warnings about the reference.

Code:
        Warning/Error Summary
        ---------------------
        C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Development\Src\UTWeap_XBow\Classes\UTAttachment_XBow.uc(113) : Warning, The group 'WP_XBow_Test.Mesh' does not exist in package WP_XBow_Test [loading WP_XBow_Test.Mesh.XBow]
        C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Development\Src\UTWeap_XBow\Classes\UTAttachment_XBow.uc(113) : Warning, ObjectProperty Engine.SkeletalMeshComponent:SkeletalMesh: unresolved reference to 'SkeletalMesh'WP_XBow_Test.Mesh.XBow''
        C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Development\Src\UTWeap_XBow\Classes\UTAttachment_XBow.uc(113) : Warning, Invalid property value in defaults: 		SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'WP_XBow_Test.Mesh.XBow'
        C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Development\Src\UTWeap_XBow\Classes\UTWeap_XBow.uc(368) : Warning, The group 'WP_XBow_Test.Mesh' does not exist in package WP_XBow_Test [loading WP_XBow_Test.Mesh.XBow]
        C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Development\Src\UTWeap_XBow\Classes\UTWeap_XBow.uc(368) : Warning, ObjectProperty Engine.SkeletalMeshComponent:SkeletalMesh: unresolved reference to 'SkeletalMesh'WP_XBow_Test.Mesh.XBow''
        C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Development\Src\UTWeap_XBow\Classes\UTWeap_XBow.uc(368) : Warning, Invalid property value in defaults: 		SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'WP_XBow_Test.Mesh.XBow'
        C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Development\Src\UTWeap_XBow\Classes\UTWeap_XBow.uc(382) : Warning, The group 'WP_XBow_Test.SkeletalMesh' does not exist in package WP_XBow_Test [loading WP_XBow_Test.SkeletalMesh.XBow]
        C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Development\Src\UTWeap_XBow\Classes\UTWeap_XBow.uc(382) : Warning, ObjectProperty Engine.SkeletalMeshComponent:SkeletalMesh: unresolved reference to 'SkeletalMesh'WP_XBow_Test.SkeletalMesh.XBow''
        C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Development\Src\UTWeap_XBow\Classes\UTWeap_XBow.uc(382) : Warning, Invalid property value in defaults: 		SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'WP_XBow_Test.SkeletalMesh.XBow'

Success - 0 error(s), 9 warning(s)

Here is my code for the weapon default properties.

Code:
        defaultproperties
        {
           bSniping=True
           bTargetFrictionEnabled=True
           bTargetAdhesionEnabled=True
           AmmoCount=20
           LockerAmmoCount=30
           MaxAmmoCount=50
           FireCameraAnim(0)=None
           FireCameraAnim(1)=CameraAnim'Camera_FX.ShockRifle.C_WP_ShockRifle_Alt_Fire_Shake'
           IconX=400
           IconY=129
           IconWidth=22
           IconHeight=48
           IconCoordinates=(U=728.000000,V=382.000000,UL=162.000000,VL=45.000000)
           CrossHairCoordinates=(U=256.000000,V=0.000000)
           InventoryGroup=4
           AttachmentClass=Class'UTGame.UTAttachment_ShockRifle'
           GroupWeight=0.500000
           QuickPickGroup=0
           QuickPickWeight=0.900000
           WeaponFireAnim(1)="WeaponAltFire"
           WeaponFireSnd(0)=SoundCue'A_Weapon_ShockRifle.Cue.A_Weapon_SR_FireCue'
           WeaponFireSnd(1)=SoundCue'A_Weapon_ShockRifle.Cue.A_Weapon_SR_AltFireCue'
           WeaponPutDownSnd=SoundCue'A_Weapon_ShockRifle.Cue.A_Weapon_SR_LowerCue'
           WeaponEquipSnd=SoundCue'A_Weapon_ShockRifle.Cue.A_Weapon_SR_RaiseCue'
           WeaponColor=(B=255,G=0,R=160,A=255)
           MuzzleFlashSocket="MF"
           MuzzleFlashPSCTemplate=ParticleSystem'WP_ShockRifle.Particles.P_ShockRifle_MF_Alt'
           MuzzleFlashAltPSCTemplate=ParticleSystem'WP_ShockRifle.Particles.P_ShockRifle_MF_Alt'
           MuzzleFlashColor=(B=255,G=120,R=200,A=255)
           MuzzleFlashLightClass=Class'UTGame.UTShockMuzzleFlashLight'
           PlayerViewOffset=(X=17.000000,Y=10.000000,Z=-8.000000)
           LockerRotation=(Pitch=32768,Yaw=0,Roll=16384)
           CurrentRating=0.650000
           ShouldFireOnRelease(1)=1
           WeaponFireTypes(1)=EWFT_Projectile
           WeaponProjectiles(1)=Class'UTGame.UTProj_ShockBall'
           FireInterval(0)=0.770000
           FireInterval(1)=0.600000
           InstantHitDamage(0)=45.000000
           InstantHitMomentum(0)=60000.000000
           InstantHitDamageTypes(0)=Class'UTGame.UTDmgType_ShockPrimary'
           InstantHitDamageTypes(1)=None
           FireOffset=(X=20.000000,Y=5.000000,Z=0.000000)
           bInstantHit=True
           	Begin Object Name=FirstPersonMesh
        		SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'WP_XBow_Test.Mesh.XBow'
        		AnimSets(0)=AnimSet'WP_XBow_Test.Anims.XBowSet'
        		Animations=MeshSequenceA
        		Rotation=(Yaw=-16384)
        		FOV=60.0
        	End Object
           Mesh=FirstPersonMesh
           Priority=4.200000
           AIRating=0.650000
           ItemName="Shock Rifle"
           MaxDesireability=0.650000
           PickupMessage="Shock Rifle"
           PickupSound=SoundCue'A_Pickups.Weapons.Cue.A_Pickup_Weapons_Shock_Cue'
           	Begin Object Name=PickupMesh
        		SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'WP_XBow_Test.SkeletalMesh.XBow'
        	End Object
           DroppedPickupMesh=PickupMesh
           PickupFactoryMesh=PickupMesh
           Name="Default__UTWeap_XBow"
           ObjectArchetype=UTWeapon'UTGame.Default__UTWeapon'
        }
        Does anyone have a idea of what might be going on here?

Comment

I got it to work in game. My package has a different naming hierarchy I guess.

I have other problems, such as orientation, 3rd persn view, etc. but it shows up now.

Code:
          	Begin Object Name=FirstPersonMesh
          		SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'WP_XBow_Test.XBow'
          		AnimSets(0)=AnimSet'WP_XBow_Test.Anims.XBowSet'
          		Animations=MeshSequenceA
          		Rotation=(Yaw=-16384)
          		FOV=60.0
          	End Object

Comment

anyone who read my replies nÂș 27 and 30 should understand i achieve it,

and when i say achieve it i mean i make it work succesfully

if your having problems on orientation, the best way to do is make sure that when you place your weapon in 3dsmax, make sure the weapon is on 0,0,0

Comment

Working...
            X