Movers (elevator) collision problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movers (elevator) collision problem

Hi, ive been working on a map for a week now and im starting to get bored of jumppads and teleporters, so i wanted to add a little spice with some movers
    so i followed some tips and tutorials arround this forum and the web.

I struggled during 2 days to get it work (the collision, because before i could step on the elevator, it would lift but not me...) and now it lifts me but only if i walk on it AND jump... which is very weird.

The interpactor has collision set to BlockAll, and the trigger to TouchAll (that is the only way i got the thing to lift...

anyone has an idea? because id like to just be able to walk on the elevator and lift...that simple

13 views and no solution?
    im desperate lol

Comment

Did you have set a collision to the static mesh used by your interpactor ?

Comment

make sure the trigger is low enough to the ground in the middle of the lift... turn on viewing of collision in your viewport to check visually if its in the correct place, and move / increase the radius if required.

Comment

Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
          Did you have set a collision to the static mesh used by your interpactor ?
          well i imported the static mesh into the generic browser, created a collision in the editor, then added it to the level as an interpactor, build all the kismet stuff, then set the collision to BlockAll for the interpactor and TouchAll for the trigger...is that what i was supposed to do?

make sure the trigger is low enough to the ground in the middle of the lift... turn on viewing of collision in your viewport to check visually if its in the correct place, and move / increase the radius if required.
          Well the trigger is centered and right on top of the lift, but how do i increase the radius as you say? oO

Comment

You can always use your Mover as a trigger. It is a bit complicated kismet graph, but then you can check many more events.

To use interp actor as trigger, select it, then go into kismet and do: "add event useing InterpActor_0" or whatever number it has. Then you can pick touch event etc. You can also check if Pawn is attahced - means if somebody is standing on mover, not only bumping on it, etc.

Comment

Ok increasing the radius of the trigger did the trick thanks so much

Comment

Why are you using a trigger?
                For a standard lift you don't require one and you should preferably use the default stand method of the interpactor anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X