Basing Teleporters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basing Teleporters

So part of my map uses huge teleporters in the bottom and top of the map, but the editor complains that the top ones are not based correctly to function.

See I never intend for anyone to go in the top ones, just to use it as an exit, so is there any way to turn off this basing thing which has to be associated with so I can actually use these?

The basing limit is obvious as the ones I have mounted above the floor somewhat are pulled to the floor..... also misaligning my mesh.

i don't have much knowledge about this, as i understand a teleporter must have a surface it sits on, couldn't you just add a brush right under it, make it invisible ingame(or apply a 100% transparent texture), and set it to have no collision?

Comment

I am pretty sure they have to be based on something as they are navigation points and the pathing system requires this. It is possible to create a custom teleporter using the Teleport action in Kismet. This would bypass the basing requirement I believe, but it will also bypass the pathing system so bots probably would not know to use it.

Comment

Thanks for the kismet bit, while they may not be able to use it, I may be able to force paths and may be able to leave the bottom ones intact... making them at least be able to get through them without too much trouble.

Since the unbased teleporters are only used in the ceiling, bots may be able to find the closest paths from there and latch on, or I could try to make an air path or something from there.

Will try and do this in the next couple days, and report back if anyone else is interested in trying.

Comment

Ahoy - i was just wondering if anyone has had any success in this - i am also trying to create a custom teleporter and for the life of me, i have no idea what they can be based on - every mesh i apply simply disappears and is registered as invalid, and have also tried basing to brushes, which also did not work. So, could anyone please let me know how a custom teleporter might be made, in or out of kismet, please?

R

Comment

Working...
          X