Kismet: NewEventUsingStaticMeshActor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kismet: NewEventUsingStaticMeshActor

Ok another question about kismet I'm trying to make a door open but in Kismet when I go to create a new event so this door will slide open the mover option is not available is there a secret to unlocking this or is it just an option that needs to be turned on. Any suggestions are well appreciated

Did you insert the staticmesh as an InterpActor?
    If not, right-click and convert it to an InterpActor.
    Then you select the mover, launch UK, right-click and choose "New Event Using InterpActor_x", and then choose the "Mover" item.

Comment

F#$%ing Brilliant. Problem Solved! I love intelligent people.

Comment

So does that mean that you got it working now...

Comment

Yes its working sorry if that sounded like sarcasim it truley wasn't.

Comment

Another question. Say I want a actor to move around in the sky when people where fighting on the ground doing w/e. in kismet what would I want to attach to the Matinee for play sequence.

Comment

That depends when exactly you want it to be triggered...

If you're asking how to have it autoplay when the level loads, hook it up to event -> level startup. To loop it, hook completed up to play or reverse depending on what you want.

Comment

No problem, I just wasn't sure whether that was the issue or not.

The easy way to make things move through the sky area is simply to give them a distance pivot point that is something like the world origin. For example, a plane or jet with a pivot that is 8192 units offset.
                Then you insert them as an InterpActor, set their Physics so they are constantly moving, and set the RotationRate as desired.
                These continually loop for the entire game. Good for planes, moons, that sort of thing.

Comment

Working...
                X