Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a character mesh I can use as a reference when mapping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a character mesh I can use as a reference when mapping?

I'm trying to build a map at the moment that is large scale, and contains many buildings. It's a sorta-remake of a map from another game(yeah, I know). I have the map in my head and could easily scale things correctly if I had a character model to work with as a reference. I opened several of the subfolders in the Characters folder in the Generic Browser, but I didn't find any static meshes in the ones I checked.

Does anyone know which folder I can find a static mesh of a character?

It's in the SkeletalMesh .pk3 file. There's a bunch of character meshes there. I haven't found a need for this, so I haven't personally looked for it, but if you are still having problems let me know and I will post the full path + file name.... doing a full build, so I'm kinda stuck with not looking right now unless I want to make my build slow to a crawl (which I don't atm).

Comment

Open the generic browser -> click on actors classes -> pawn -> PhysAnimTestActor

Comment

Well, isn't a character supposed to be 96 units high? I'd say just make a cube that's 96 unites high and somewhere around 30 units wide. That can provide SOME idea of proportion.

Comment

Working...
        X