Warfare tutorial: Node link setups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I've just encountered another bug: when exporting, the editor can refuse to do that entirely. If there is no INI already created, it might simply decide not to create a new one so it won't export anything, so it's better to check the config folder and see if it does what it's supposed to, and create the file manually if needed.
    Also, sometimes it can corrupt INIs, writing nothing but a bunch of 0s into it so you see an empty file that still has a set size. Backups help in this case.

As for naming it without spaces: you can later on, when it exports, rename it to whatever you want provided that you don't change the section heading.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i just built the level around the beams instead and it looks awesome.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Naveronasis View Post
    Is there any way to set the height of the node beams individually?
    Not that I am familiar with. You can downsize nodes, though. Maybe that'll help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a WIP guide here : http://cr4zyb4st4rd.youtea.de/Warfare.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    also is there a really noob guide to warfare somewhere? like i dont even know how to add a node let alone link them... this guide covers linking them but...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Agh

Is there any way to set the height of the node beams individually? I have an unusual level im working on and the beams are too tall.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmm, maybe it has to have the heading in it already then. Or simply when it has an INI already created it has less chance of crashing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If only. The thing crashed on me several times despite an .ini already being there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Interestingly it crashes only if there is no .ini file created already. So make an INI manually and it should work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Same here, but also often pre-patch. Buggy piece of work, that editor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In Patch 2, the editor crashes each time I try exporting the setup to the INI. But it still exports it! Not a very big issue, but quite annoying.
    And great guide, very helpful! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I suggest this:

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i click on utonslaughtmapinfo and nufin happens
    wut am i doin rong?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    question: How do I label my node the center node? Because right now in the game it says just "node" and the computer's voice says "attack the node"

edit: nevermind I'm dumb.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Tiny edit to the top post: disabling orb spawners unfortunately only works if you disable all of them. The orb will respawn at a disabled spawner if it is used to capture a node. For instance, disabling only the orb spawners at the Downtown primes isn't going to work; the orb will spawn there normally (or rather, in thin air) even though the spawner is not there.

Removing all orb spawners for just one side works too. I removed the vehicle outpost's orb spawner in Islander, for instance. Since the orb can never be used, it cannot respawn at a disabled spawner.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X