Scaling entire map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scaling entire map?

I just tested out a map I'm working on, and turns out its about 1/2 the size I thought it was. Is there a quick way to scale the entire map? As it is now there is only 1 BSP, and about 50 statics (not that far into it yet).

Static Meshes are easy to scale. Use DrawScale in either the mesh properties or in the fields in the bottom right of your window. I've had problems scaling BSP.

Comment

Thanks, I know I could scale each one individually, I was wondering if there was a way to scale everything together. I would Ctrl+Alt+Drag, but most of the statics are uniquely scaled already...

Comment

select them all by ctrl clicking on all of them.

Comment

i THINK, that when you scale a mesh using the first "space" on the bottom, the whole mesh is scaled in the proportions they already are...understand?

Comment

Scaling is very difficult. You CAN scale everything up, but the position of each brush and mesh will stay where they were, meaning everything will be all scrambled up and youd have to move everything to new positions.

Comment

If you select everything and use the scale widget to resize then the relative positions of all your stuff will be kept intact - it's something I did a couple of times for distant islands on my map. The problem with doing it in the early stages, though, is that just about everything will go off the grid, making it very hard to align future meshes and whatever else you add. In the end it'll probably be best to do it all manually.

Comment

Agh. Ok, thanks everyone..

Comment

Originally posted by NewPCGamer View Post
                  select them all by ctrl clicking on all of them.
                  Easier to open the search window and search for staticmesh, then select the top one, press Shift+End to select all the way down to the bottom.

Comment

There are usually issues with scaling CSG Brushes.
                    If you don't scale by a perfect multiple you end up with brushes off-grid.
                    And float rounding errors are going to push most of the vertices off-grid as well so you may end up with BSP errors, holes, etc. in the map.
                    I never rescale CSG Brushes because of this, I manually vertex-edit each one.

Comment

Working...
                    X