Blue cube around camera in UE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue cube around camera in UE?

I'm just starting to experiment with UE, and I've got a blue wireframe cube that follows my camera everywhere. It's oriented with world XYZ, and no matter how far in or out I zoom it stays the same size. I'm under the impression that it's not supposed to be there, and it's the same color as the grid so it confuses things.

Anyone know what this is or how to get rid of it?

Blue wireframe cube? Are you in the perspective view with brush wireframe selected by any chance? The only thing i can think of is you made a subtractive map and are viewing it as deescribed above. In this case it would be your auto generated additive cube which extends to the farthest edges of the grid. If you zoom all the way out in a TOP or SIDEVIEW wireframe window and then goto the edge of the grid and zoom all the way in, you will see an additive brush there when you make a subtrative map.

Comment

I don't think that's it. Almost positive the map is additive, and the cube isn't attached to the grid at all. It's sized relative to the screen, not any objects in the editor. It's as if I'm sitting inside it looking at the rest of my map, and no matter where I go it follows me.

I'm having a few issues with UE, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was a bug of some kind. Previously my terrain was showing up in all of the 2d views, but not perspective wireframe. Eventually I had the idea of making a different viewport the perspective view, and it shows up in all of them but the bottom left. Changing the to 1x1 layout and back to 2x2 fixed it, but didn't do anything to the blue box.

Comment

Working...
      X