Semi-Transparent Material - Scaling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Semi-Transparent Material - Scaling?

Ok heres the scoop. I have a material which is basically a gridline pattern, red grid lines and the rest of the material is transparent. This material itself has been applied to a sheet brush but the problem is, i am not sure how i can modify its scaling in regards to size once it is on the sheet brush. I tried even making the material 64x64 to help with tightening the grid pattern but the import process still defaults it back to 256x256.

With any other standard material, you can simply click on it in the perspective view and then right click and it will pull up its properties at which point you can modify scaling, light maps etc.

How do you select a semi-transparent material to bring up the same properties? Eeverytime i do, i end up just selecting a differnt material behind it.

Any help would be much apreciated.

Well, your best bet would be to use side or front view to select the edge of the sheet brush (in wireframe mode of course).

Comment

You should be able to select transparent surfaces. I think maybe you are trying to select the wrong side of the surface. The surface of a sheet brush is only able to be selected from one side. Try selecting the opposite side of the brush and see if you can select it.

Comment

Ahh both great ideas! I tried selecting the opposite side in perspective view and it worked. Not sure why my brain didnt engage and tell me to try that before, considering i knew when i made it that it was a one sided sheet brush. doh!

Also one last question regarding materials since i have your attention, if you dont mind. Does anyone know if UT3 supports a mirror image material that will display a players character in front of it? I know before, maybe it was UT99, you could do this but i am not sure it was still able to be done in UT2K4 so now i am wondering about UT3.

Again thanks for the quick tips, much apreciated.

Comment

Working...
        X