I can't place player starts!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't place player starts!!!

When I select an area on the floor to place player start all it seems to do is highlight the floor and not place the start. Also, on the same note whenever I place a weapons locker it won't stay alined to the floor, it hovers above. I tried to snap it to the floor but it won't work!! HELP!!!

For your PlayerStart trouble,
    It's probably because your drag-grid is set to a huge value (like 256 or 512)
    Try to set your drag-grid on 16 before put a PlayerStart.

As for the weapon locker, try to move its base just a bit above the surface you want place it and it will be replaced automaticly after have made a "build paths".

Comment

It might be that there isn't room for a player start in the area. When placing path nodes of any kind it seems it doesn't place them if there isn't a certain amount of open space (vertically as well as horizontally) in the area you're clicking on.

Comment

As an alternate if you have issues placing a playerstart into an area that you know should work, simply duplicate and move another one there. If it doesn't path properly then you know you have an issue with that spot.

Comment

I have the same problem. But, I found a way around it : go to your generic browser, then Actor Classes tab, NavigationPoint, PlayerStart, then select the UTTeamPlayerStart actor, after that, right-click on the floor and in the right-click menu select Add UTTeamPlayerStart Here.

Hope that helps,

g

Comment

Although it may work in most cases, that is a different actor, so the other methods mentioned should be used instead.

Comment

Originally posted by DGUnreal View Post
              Although it may work in most cases, that is a different actor, so the other methods mentioned should be used instead.
              well, my drag grid is on and at 16. In a brand new level, the first room, the first player start won't place.

Originally posted by HighBiasReactor View Post
              When I select an area on the floor to place player start all it seems to do is highlight the floor and not place the start.
              The exact same thing happens to me.

Comment

You could try selecting the player start in the actor browser and then holidng "a" and clicking on the ground.

Comment

IME- for some reason, this also seems to be dependent on how high the camera is from the floor. Try moving the camera up/ down and try again. For me, it works best if the camera is above the 1/2 point between floor and ceiling. I have no idea why!

Comment

Working...
                  X