anyone knows how to create a ladder in unreal editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone knows how to create a ladder in unreal editor

i got the ladder actor in place and F4 (Ladder_0 Properties) open but i don't know where to go from there.

can u please help on this, i cba searching through tutorial videos to find it since they are really boring its like they teaching a 3 years old baby how to use a unreal editor

You need to stick a ladder volume over the mesh for people to be able to go up it.

Comment

Speaking of ladders, do the UT3 characters actually have a ladder climbing animation? I remember 2k4 had ladder volumes but when players went up them they looked like they were just standing and floating upwards. lol

Comment

I've noticed that the ladders I place work sporadically at best (ie, sometimes you can climb them, sometimes you can't). Anyone else had this experience?

Comment

u know

i had exactly the same thing happen to me, they would get stuck at the top of the ladder too=/

so i just left em out

Comment

thank you all for the help, haven't got the chance to try it out yet, i am guessing its more like reactor in 3Ds Max so it shouldn't be much problem getting it to work

Originally posted by Ekt0F0rm View Post
            Speaking of ladders, do the UT3 characters actually have a ladder climbing animation? I remember 2k4 had ladder volumes but when players went up them they looked like they were just standing and floating upwards. lol
            and yeah lol if u played CSS u probably know that all the engines have that problem also if u switch cameras from first person camera view to third person camera view u see where the gun is placed that's makes u laugh even more

Comment

Working...
            X