Problem with applying static meshes in Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with applying static meshes in Editor

I'm following the tutorials from the collector's Edition and I'm to the point where they are talking about adding static meshes. I'm following their directions exactly, even using the same meshes as they use, but when I place them they don't display. The widget for the mesh shows, but there is no mesh. If I go to a Top, Front or Side POV I can see the wireframe of the mesh, but I don't see anything in Perspective, even when I switch to wireframe mode.

At the top of the view is a little arrow which is "toggle show flags".

Make sure "static meshes" is ticked.

Or click in the viewport to make it active then press W for the hot key.

Comment

Thank you so much! The tutorial mentioned nothing about this. And I don't know why it started out disabled.

Comment

The more you use the editor the more you will notice it has a mind of its own and will try to trip you up when ever it can.

I'm sure they all come with a free unreal ed gremlin.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoo View Post
          The more you use the editor the more you will notice it has a mind of its own and will try to trip you up when ever it can.

I'm sure they all come with a free unreal ed gremlin.
          Eh .. Noooooo!!! The more you use the editor the more you realize that it's just another piece of software and DOES NOT HAVE A MIND OF ITS OWN. You just have to be careful, if you press a key accidentally, it is gonna have a consequence.

Example: I use maya, so to use the move tool I most every time press the W key and what'dya know? The W key hides all the static meshes. So it's just a matter of being careful.

Comment

Originally posted by jansoft88 View Post
            Eh .. Noooooo!!! The more you use the editor the more you realize that it's just another piece of software and DOES NOT HAVE A MIND OF ITS OWN. You just have to be careful, if you press a key accidentally, it is gonna have a consequence.

Example: I use maya, so to use the move tool I most every time press the W key and what'dya know? The W key hides all the static meshes. So it's just a matter of being careful.
            I think that may be what I did. I'm so used to using the Source SDK and in there I can use WASD controls to move around in the 3-D perspective.

Comment

Working...
            X