WAR-GrandCanyon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR-GrandCanyon

I'm trying to do a large Warfare map. I started this map only little time ago and the progress is slow. Here are a few WIP shots of what I have in the map so far. Check out the map. I have painted some nodes and links to it. Tell me what do you think. I will update this thread when I make further progress.

(1) Here is the map shape. Battlefield is up middle and bases are in low right and left corners. Low middle is a canyon drop.
    (2) Now here is the same picture but I have painted my plan of links here. Red balls are cores/nodes. In the low middle canyon if you control both nodes you would get Cicada. By controlling one you get a Scorpion maybe. Up in the battleground both sides there would be one Goliath and one artillery SPMA. By controlling the middle point the team could get one Darkwalker. In the battleground I would like to make bunkers and bunker paths in the ground. Both teams have two Raptors, one Paladin and three Vipers (OMG viper is not in the official UT3 info vehicles place!!!) in the base.
    (3)Outside the main base. See the hole up in the mountain where Raptors fly skyward from inside the base. This air hole provides a good invasion point for enemy if they manage to get on the hill that is guarded by avrils and one cannon turret. Otherwise there is only one other way inside the main base which is through the main gate below.
    (4) Inside the main base entrance gate. To go through this area can prove difficult if guarded well. Core is deeper in the base. A cannon turret moves in this area (if I know how to make it move). Vehicles are there down in the back and players spawn in the upper room where they can get fast to the vehicles by using a small hole in the floor. They can also take the elevator down and fly away with Raptors.
    (5) Base spawn room.
    (6) Here will be the elevator I talked about. This is the place where Raptors move outside the place or enemies invide from above.

Any suggestions, comments and ideas are welcome.

loooks very nice

will be looking out for it

Comment

Thank you, but I'm quite slow with this editor so it will take time.

Comment

Question:

Why will people use the 2 "outer" routes? The "inner routes" have just 1 node, whereas the outer ones have 2. The inner route will be quicker because of this. Will there be nicer items along the outer route or something?

Comment

I'd axe the two upper corner nodes or change the setup... right now the direct lengths between cores are 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6. Clearly you're not going to take a path 6 nodes long to the core when you can take one 3 nodes long.

EDIT: Err... unless I'm misreading that map, I could be.

Comment

I think the outer route would be in a higher level than the inner route. You can shoot the inner route node from outer route nodes and they have good sniping positions. The inner node is very vulnerable to distant attacks so only way to get a fast attack through this is to hold the orb in the inner route bunker and protect the visible node. Oh btw I missed one extra node point that could be below the inner node at the top of the hill but I'm not sure what there could be.

Comment

Working...
            X