What happened to my Map??????? [Fixed]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to my Map??????? [Fixed]

I have been testing my new map over the course of a few days. I haven't changed ANYTHING in it...

Suddenly, every time I start it up in the game, I can spectate around the level, click the fire button, get the countdown, Spawn, then the game locks up as soon as I spawn and load my enforcer...

15 times in a row, not counting the times I didn't count.... Tried rebooting, tried removing all of the INI's and re-inputting my cd key, re-cooked the map, completely removed all copies of the map and re-cooked again from my backup, nothing seems to work to fix this...

Okay, it only freezes if I put bots in wtf?!?! I'm so close to returning this ****in' game. Every time I fix one thing, something else is broken...

Comment

A+++++ Thread.

Comment

Anyone? Annnnyone at all?

Comment

Did you put out all of the bot paths?

Comment

Seems to be a paths troubles.
            Maybe a player start which is not possible to use...
            Did you have some warning when you rebuild the map?
            Try to check all playerstart and pathnodes locations...

Comment

no, I checked... I have a pathnode that states is not needed, but had no trouble before, dunno why it would suddenly happen now...

Comment

ya know what? I'm an idiot, I moved a node and forgot to rebuild paths... *slaps self around with a cold fish* problem solved, but thanks for the responses...

Comment

For the time it takes, I always do a full Build All before each beta or release, whether it needs it or not. That way if I accidentally forgot something it won't mess up the game.

P.S. you should advanced-edit your first post and append [fixed] or something similar to the Subject on your threads like this one.

Comment

thanks, will do... I do alot of my building on my lower-end computer (cuz it builds faster 90% of the time, go figure) but I just had to move one node real fast, cuz I was tired of seeing the "This path only reachable with translocator" error on it... I usually do a full rebuild, but since I just did a build all, I didn't think or want to do it all over again.

I only do that so I can go online and play while waiting for that to finish building...

Comment

Originally posted by DGUnreal View Post
                      For the time it takes, I always do a full Build All before each beta or release, whether it needs it or not. That way if I accidentally forgot something it won't mess up the game.

P.S. you should advanced-edit your first post and append [fixed] or something similar to the Subject on your threads like this one.
                      Words from the wise! ...That's what I do.

Didn't you even run the "check map for errors"....I'm sure it would have told you to rebuild.?

Anyway, glad to hear another problem solved.

Map on!

Làámßø

Comment

actually, I did run an error check, but there are a few there that I have come to just ignore, since they have no effect on my level anyway (just minor lighting errors), so I missed the "Paths need to be rebuilt" line apparently.

Comment

What lighting errors are you getting?
                          In most cases you should be able to easily get a Build All with no resulting errors.

Comment

Working...
                          X