Door Mover and pathing problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door Mover and pathing problem.

In my map (DM-DeadSimple) there is gate that blocks access to UDamage. This gate is not one usual touch to open, it has another trigger to activate. It looks like stupid bots do not know it and just keep running into closed door.

So anybody have idea how to turn on/off path node, or to teach them how to use complicated door triger?. Making door mover bBlockPath makes bots ignore UDamage.

And related question: is there a way to make forced and proscribed path in new engine. Looks like path nodes got automated (read dumbed down). Yes I know I can delete path (it needs 2 places on both end nodes to be edited :| ) but this takes ages to edit after each rebuild for more than one path per map.

Are you using DoorMarkers for this door? That may help if you're not. They have special properties for using doors.

Paths can be forced and proscribed by selecting the path nodes and right-clicking on one. There are options in the context menu for these functions.

Comment

Thank you I will try DoorMarkers.

On slightly related note: anybody noticed that low skill bots miss a lot of jumps and do tighter turns due to slower run speed?

On my another map bots like maniacs missed ramps just by inches and ran under instead of up. And they were jumping just one feet short and falling down. I had quite hard time to adjust pathing so they usually walk where they want.

Comment

I have another question about these doors, cause I'm trying to do a oneway door. I tried putting a trigger just on the one side, but it seems my paths then doesnt go the way they should, any idea on how to create a door that can only be opened from the one side?

Comment

Working...
        X