Import custom texture pack into UT3 Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import custom texture pack into UT3 Editor

I'd like to import some custom texture packs as well as textures from the old UT games into my UT3 Editor.

How should I go about doing that?

Is there a way to take those imported textures and create simple "materials" so that when I apply one of those materials to a surface it just shows the imported texture?

<bump>

What if I want to use custom textures, say a pack of textures that was released for UT99 or UT 2004?

Comment

Sorry, but you cannot import a old package of textures in the UT3 ed...
      You have to go to your old ut editor, export all textures you want, an then re-import its (with multi selection) on the ut3 Ed without forget to choose the option "Create Material ?" on the import-window.

Comment

So, just open the texture packs in UT99 or UT 2004, export them out as individual textures, and then re-import them to UT3?

Comment

Yes, export the UT99 and 2004 textures as .dds files and import those files in UT3 editor

Comment

Originally posted by Joebo3 View Post
            Yes, export the UT99 and 2004 textures as .dds files and import those files in UT3 editor
            Use .TGA or .BMP formats to import in UT3 (No .DDS format supported for importation, the textures is compressed after import)

Comment

Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
              Use .TGA or .BMP formats to import in UT3 (No .DDS format supported for importation, the textures is compressed after import)
              They are only compressed after cooking the map or package as DGUnreal has stated.

Comment

Originally posted by MrCobra View Post
                They are only compressed after cooking the map or package as DGUnreal has stated.
                That's true

Comment

Originally posted by MrCobra View Post
                  Not exactly. They are compressed upon importing them unless you choose the DeferCompression option. When you use the DeferCompression option, the texture will remain uncompressed until the package is saved. The original uncompressed texture is kept in the package until it is cooked so that the compression type can be altered. When you cook the package, the uncompressed texture should be removed leaving only the compressed texture. I believe that is accurate.

Comment

Working...
                  X