Jumper Pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumper Pad

Not so good at making maps but I can edit one around some.. I was going to mess with Torlon and put jumper pads everywhere. So you can get to high spots all over the place.. Wanted to see what item is the jumper pad and how to direct them to jump a certain way and how much force it pushes you.

The Actor is UTJumpPad, you can find it under NavigationPoint. Under the jump pad's properties, set the target to a Path node somewhere on your map.

For instance, you might set the jump pad to PathNode_3.

There is a maximum distance you can travel on a jump pad, although you can fix this by tweaking gravity and terminal velocities and such.

Comment

Actually UT3 does jump distances pretty weird... you set a target and an amount of time you want the jump to take. A lower number shoots you fast straight at the node, and a higher number shoots you slowly way up in the air, and down onto it. However, you'll have to do some experimenting to see what number you need, because if it's too much or too little, you'll just end up sorta halfway there. On the bright side, if you set it to a number upward of ten, you can actually launch someone halfway across a large map.

... which brings up a problem. If you're launched 500ft up and 2000ft forward, you're gonna die when you hit the ground. A good way to avoid killing your players is to put another jumppad where they'll land, and bave it only launch them about 1ft straight up... but UT3 will complain that you're doing something weird. It'll let you do it, but you'll get warning errors. Water also works, it's harder but you won't get warned about it.

Comment

Ok cool thanks, But I'm still confused on how to make the pads launch you.. =\

Comment

Working...
        X