Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone help me with this? (Distortion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone help me with this? (Distortion)

Hi everyone, once again I need the help of the awesome people of this forum. The question is rather simple, but here it is: I've found a very good distortion for a texture I modified, it looks fine in the editor, but ingame there is a place at the edge of the visible texture that glows purple and then cuts to black. I've come across this before, and I believe it's caused by the engine trying to distort vision to a as-of-yet unrendered part of the level (this is only a theory though). It's very unsightly, and I would like to know: Is there ANY POSSIBLE way to fix or avoid this in the future?
    Thanks in advance,
    -XCase
    EDIT: A picture of said problem to be hopefully avoided:

I don't really know what you're talking about, but to help people that might, maybe a picture of it would help?

Comment

Ok, here's a picture of the problem, which is probably me being overambitious with my distortion, but just in case...

Hoping the best for everyone,
      -XCase
      (I'm not editing the first post, in case it wouldn't bump this thread)

Comment

that problem happens alot in pie, something to do with the post process. If you test it running the game thru the .exe, then you should not see that issue.

Comment

be sure to do a complete build with lighting and clearing bsp issues. I have had this happen until I did that.

Comment

Working...
          X