Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[WIP] some tutorials...

hey everybody,

im sick of seeing people tripping over themselves witn questions about the new editor, Kismet and Matinee.

i can see a lot of potential here, and with the right knoledge, i rekon i could see Epic quality maps from you all, so i have decided to write some tutorials from waht i know, and post them over at my clan forums

when i finish my first one, i will give you linkage to it. if you have any questions about them, just post them in reply to the tutorial you are asking about.

as i said, there are none yet: they are a personal WIP. when im done, il link you all.

thanks to www.unrealtournament3forum.com for hosting our clan forums: they do a really good job over there.

thanks every1,

Green_Day_584

my pc just restarted, and i lost my entire first tutorial

i cant keep working tonight, but should be able to rewrite it tomorrow providing i dont keep playing ut 3 cause my 8800GT will be fixed XD

ah wells. tutorials will be coming soon tho. complete with screenshots XD

Comment

I'm really quite anxious to start making maps for UT3 But unfortunately I don't really have any idea at all how to start making maps in the editor T_T And your tutorial would be greatly appreciated. Thanks man!

Comment

wen i get the editor ill take a look too man

Comment

Any chance you can give some examples of making AS objectives? I mean I can code so I think I can grasp the logic of kismet, it's just I don't see how i could include a HUD display or w/e to mark the objective spot, do you think anything like this comes with the game?

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingZelda View Post
            I'm really quite anxious to start making maps for UT3 But unfortunately I don't really have any idea at all how to start making maps in the editor T_T And your tutorial would be greatly appreciated. Thanks man!
            Try this
            http://www.hourences.com/book/tutorialsindex.htm

I'm using the epic tutorials from the bonus disk in the collectors edition.

Some of these can be found here.

http://www.ut3modding.com/index.php?page=10

The more references the better!

Comment

Any chance of making a Warfare tutorial?

Comment

Originally posted by sltdestini View Post
                Any chance you can give some examples of making AS objectives? I mean I can code so I think I can grasp the logic of kismet, it's just I don't see how i could include a HUD display or w/e to mark the objective spot, do you think anything like this comes with the game?
                i rekon i could do SOMETHING like that... it may need a few custom static meshes, but i rekon so

Originally posted by Jagnot View Post
                Any chance of making a Warfare tutorial?
                yes. they will be done later on, and may take a little bit of guesswork on my behalf, but i think i could do that

Comment

sory people

my PC is in getting serviced, so the tutorials are gonna have to wait a few days... hey, at least i can have some planning time, right?

they should be pretty in depth, hardly any n00b stuff.

thanks every1, happy modding

Comment

Originally posted by Green_Day_584 View Post
                    i rekon i could do SOMETHING like that... it may need a few custom static meshes, but i rekon so
                    Sweet, would allow me and my friends to make this a proper AS map.

Comment

ut3modding.com shouldn't be hosting copyrighted stuff (the CE videos), I swear if Epic put as much effort towards fixing the game as they do hounding people for hosting thier "precious" vids, we might really have something here... lol

As far as I am concerned, use the **** things, I like having them on disc, but I don't think people should have to have the CE to watch the videos unless massive people who paid for it (like myself and a few others) are against it...

Anyways, I look forward to the tut's though if the game doesn't shape up and start running properly, I may give up and go back to playing Quake 4, at least it isn't broke...

Comment

quake 4? (stifles a laugh)

lolz. the first tutorials should be up soon... all i need is a day to make one, and its all good. ive got a couple planned, but they are the "For the n00b" tutorials, IE: BSP and the UI. LOL.

the proper tutorials will look at a few things per tutorial. slowly, from them all, a mp will be built with pretty much everything i know in it. should be pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                        X