• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lens flare???

umm how we make lens flare in uted3???

I wanna know too.

Comment

If no one answers before then, I'll post how in the morning, it's too late here right now.

Comment

hmm .. thanks in advance .

Comment

so, anybody know how to do?

Comment

Well it seems it ain't morning where DG is .

Comment

Originally posted by jansoft88 View Post
              Well it seems it ain't morning where DG is .
              I'm way over in western Canada...
              I'm getting the stuff together now as we speak and will post it. I'm just looking through all of the packages to see what they have for stock lens flare textures.

Are you wanting sun style lens flare or just light coronas?

Comment

me im in eastern canada
                lol

Comment

evrebody wait on u for i release my alpha map of phobos xD(only miss lens flare)

Comment

You didn't specify flare or corona... for a true LensFlare:

1. Load the FX_LensFlares package
                    2. Select one of the LF_* LensFlare objects (gold color border)
                    3. In the Actor Classes choose the LensFlareSource actor
                    4. Insert it into your map, and position as desired

Open WAR-Torlan and search for the LensFlareSource actor for an example.

Comment

Hmm ... well the lens flare is there but the objects that are in its way aren't being opaque for that. Meaning I can see the lens flare through non transparent objects. What should I do.

Comment

It isn't clipping when behind other solid objects then...
                        Let me look into it and get back to you, I've not used the LensFlare myself yet.

Comment

okee .. and thanks a bunch.

Comment

****, I did mine the hard way. used the sheet brush and messed around with texture sizes all day to get it right. Think I'll try your way, sounds like it would b easier to manipulate without having to rebuild.

Comment

When i want to create a custom-made lensflare, the Lensflare/Unreal-editor will crash when i click on SourceElement -> LFMaterials -> + Add New Item and then in [0] i have my lensflare-material selected and click on <- Use Current Selection in Browser to set this material.

My own Lensflare-material (File->New-> Factory:Lensflare) is created by looking in FX_Lensflares -> flares -> Materials -> M_FX_Lensflares_Sun01 to take over it's props.

I will get a Send report-message with the message that UT3.exe has crashed with kernel32.dll as suspect. So the same crash alot of ATi radeon-users had when updating to the newest catalyst-drivers.

Did i do something wrong or is the Lensflare-editor buggy?

Comment

Working...
                              X