Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does my Screenshot texture not show up for Import??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does my Screenshot texture not show up for Import??????

Yeah... using DGUnreal's tut for setting up the map for distribution, but surprise....

in the step that says, Import the texture, well it says that it's listing all files, but nothing but directories show up... What the F*CK?!?!?!

What type of image is it? It needs to be a BMP or a TGA and it should be 24bit not 32.

Also, are you using the Import... from the Main UEd window? or from the Generic Browser? You need to use the one in the generic browser. The one in the Main window File Menu is for T3D file import only.

Comment

It was a BMP, but for some reason it would not show up until I restarted the editor, got it working, but that was **** annoying...

Comment

You can blame me...

Comment

Do this. Import the texture, then make a material for it. Place it someplace in the map hidden away from everything make a 256x256x16 brush add it, then build it and it will stay. I had the same issue as you kept importing it but never stayed drove me nuts but that is how i got mine to work. Seems if you dont use the texture in the level it doesnt stay.

Comment

Yeah, I had already figured that, since all unused meshes get dropped too. I wish it would prompt you to dump meshes/materials (or at least make an option for it) so that you don't have to re-open other packages when you go back to work on a map.

Comment

Working...
            X