Grr I demand REAL spectator mode!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grr I demand REAL spectator mode!

I have 2 maps in beta, they are just ready to being released. But I can not test bot support!

I can frag godlike bots in DM fine, but then my playstyle interferes with them. I need proper spectator to watch 2 of those playing together.

For eg. without spectator i need run to bot to see what he is doing, and when I am close it changes bot behavior, there is no way to test patching. There is certain spot on my DM-Judith map that looks like bots have some problems with it. They seem to jump in one spot, but that may be also that they smart buggers and are using stairs as cover and jumping to shoot shock combos.

Ps. are there conslole commands to spawn bots and make me NOTARGET for sure? Spawning bots and going godlike+ghost makes them go insane. But then how to set up bots skill, sometimes godlike just walk fine when dumbed down ones get stuck.

I found a work around.
    Type Ghost in the console.. this allows u to fly, and also go inside walls.
    If inside a wall, you can see the bot, but they wont see u.. Perfect.
    Obviously you have to follow the bot while staying inside walls the whole time, which can be difficult depending on the map.

Your right, we NEED a spec mode in offline play.

Comment

Maybe this helps:

You can spectate from within the editor. If you want more bots type "addbots X" into the console, where X is the number of bots.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
        Maybe this helps:

You can spectate from within the editor. If you want more bots type "addbots X" into the console, where X is the number of bots.
        Yes but then bots see me and thus I interfere and they do not follow theirs merry way anymore but start to jump and shoot at me. I want to test patching not jumping and aiming skills of bot. I use that inside bsp workaround, but my maps do not have much bsp nowadays.

oh and how i set skill level of bots with "addbots x" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
          Yes but then bots see me...
          No, you join as spectator. Read the menu again, it says:

"Play from here (Ctrl spectates)"

The latter means that you have to press ctrl while selecting and joining to become a spectator. I thought it wa quite obvious and pressed ctrl to spectate my bots.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
            No, you join as spectator. Read the menu again, it says:

"Play from here (Ctrl spectates)"

The latter means that you have to press ctrl while selecting and joining to become a spectator. I thought it wa quite obvious and pressed ctrl to spectate my bots.

But the bots are really dumb then. There must be a command-line to add masterfull bots for example.

Comment

set utbot skill 7?

Comment

Suicide, then use "viewbot".

Comment

Working...
                X