I'm looking at WAR-Torlan and wondering about the grass deco layer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking at WAR-Torlan and wondering about the grass deco layer

It doesn't appear to be a deco layer per say, but a mesh layer or texture layer attached to the DirtyGrass layer? How do you go about doing this? Thanks.

Edit nevermind, figured it out

ah. it depends... im not really sure about the new terrain editor, but from what i remember in 2004 was you were able to keep a texture as the base of a decolayer: ie: the alpha was simply left at 0.

dunno how to translate this to UE 3, but have a play around... you may just find it

Comment

Yeah nevermind I'm dumb, I figured it out, needed to select a static mesh first then right click and select add selected foliage

But now I don't know how to paint it or make it show up on the terrain lol

Comment

well, you should be able to paint ur deco alyer as you would a normal texture...

and im not sure how to make it show up in UE 3... try looking at World properties, or the actual terrian's actor properties... ;D

Comment

Thanks, will let you know.

Comment

Foliage works slightly different than decolayers. Foliage should show up wherever that particular TerrainMaterial is on the terrain. If it isn't showing up, you probably need to adjust the foliage settings. Open the properties for the TerrainMaterial it is applied to and make sure the scale and density are set high enough. Foliage is more like old decolayers where it is only visible within a certain radius of the camera as well, so check the radius settings too.

Comment

Oh that's what I needed to do, adjust the scale of it. Thanks I didn't think of that =)

Comment

Working...
              X