Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

ctf-face

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ctf-face

i'm trying to create a remake of the well know map ctf-face.
    i know it's a real old map but i really, really like it!
    it's my first attempt of making an UT map at all, so don't blame me for anything

it's far from finished but i think it doesn't look bad at all in the current state.
    btw all credits to "Cedric 'Inoxx' Fiorentino" the original creator of face... i just do a rip off...

well it's a bad screenshot i know, but i didn't had the time to make a better one...

download a first playable version here: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?p=25174980

It's UT3 man, update the bling a little! A spin-off would b nicer than an exact duplicate IMO.
    Heck, I could prbably make my own version of face if I reeeeally wanted to. Good idea got the editor open already, lets do-diss-thang! Thanx for the motivation soldier

Comment

is that all bsp?

GOD OF STATIC MESHES HELP US

Comment

Originally posted by NeoGzus View Post
        It's UT3 man, update the bling a little! A spin-off would b nicer than an exact duplicate IMO.
        I agree. Face was awesome, you can keep the original design, but try to spice it up. Maybe keep the base and try modeling a new type of tower. something not so blockey.

Comment

thanks for the heads up guys.

as i wrote, i wanna make an absolute exact copy. especially of the bsp!
          i need the old face feeling.
          you don't need to play it, i'm fine with that!

if i'm done with it, i'll make a few tries do spice the whole thing up into ut3 style. i have a few ideas to do so. double towers (no bsp face towers), switchable light on the way between the towers, rain etc.

Comment

Originally posted by centerer View Post
            thanks for the heads up guys.
            as i wrote, i wanna make an absolute exact copy. especially of the bsp!
            i need the old face feeling.
            Do not make EXACT copy! scale it up to 1.25. Exact size copy feels too small.
            And add just some meshes for trims, pillars etc. Use rock meshes as base and cover them on top with some terrain.

Comment

i little tipp:
              dont just use brushes. i know face classic build so, but use more static meshes to increase the coolness of this celebrity.
              or you make 2 face maps. one like the classic one and a new face classic with many many more static meshes, without brushes, by that the awesome map looks like a technology map. you know?.....hope its going to awesome.

Comment

i definitely doing two or three versions at the end. i will do an old school map with a few static meshes as "tower inventory" and an almost new one with all the new nice u3 engine features.
                i don't want to create a new, shining version of face as the first version. i (and my friends) love the real old school feeling of face.

what about scaling? are the players bigger in the u3 engine as in the u1 engine?

Comment

i'm a bit unexperienced with that, because i never really worked on UED 2.5, with static meshes. i wanna know just one thing: the 2k4's face classic's ground were made only using meshes? and the only way to create this is using 3dMax or such?

Comment

Originally posted by Staward View Post
                    i wanna know just one thing: the 2k4's face classic's ground were made only using meshes?
                    Yes. My old mesh work (thank god I saved my old work files to backup DVD's) is in LightWave format, so I've been trying to find a utility to convert them to ase to import into the new editor.

I haven't spent much time searching though... life is busy right now.

Good luck with your effort, my friend.

Teddie

Comment

Maybe somethin along this line, would make it more up to date. Still rough, but pretty

Comment

now THAT is what i want to see.

i mean, im sick of the BSP versions. they look to... shallow.

Comment

really nice work NeoGzus!

my "new age" face map will go into this direction for sure. i want to make something similar to your work. at least i hope so!

but first i have to finish to "real", fully bsp overloaded, old school face one.

Comment

That looks awesome NeoGzus

Comment

thanx. I'm gonna build a Necris themed Red base next, followed by some crazy background I've yet to decide on, might do the space thing or somethin else. We'll see.

Anybody know the distance in unreal units from base to base in Face Classic? just curious, didn't wanna make it too big or too close

Comment

Working...
                              X