Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

weird error messge about my map name???help???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird error messge about my map name???help???

Hey all I have just finished my first map for UT3 a re-make of one of my older maps from 2K4 but when i put it in to the game and then start up the game i get i message saying ambiguas (cant spell it) file name ???? and I dont know how to get rid of it my maps name is DM-[BN]-Gateroom-2K7 can someone help me please

p.s the game still runs and the map plays really good just this stupid error message when I start the game

please someone help me

Comment

got it. u need to rename ur map. for some retarded reason Unreal doesnt like funny characters like [ and ] anymore.

hope it helps

Comment

arrr ok i will try n and get bak and tell you if it works

Comment

tryed it renamed my map to DM-BN-Gateroom-2K7 and still get the same message grrrr this is annoying

Comment

Can't use the "-", I think. Because UE3 considers everything before a "-" as a Game Type/Function Call...

Not sure, but it did this to me when I named my map with a "_-_Beta" at the end.

Comment

check that the map is not saved in 2 seperate locations (eg: cookedpc in your mydocuments as well as a copy elsewhere). That will give the ambiguous name dialogue.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X