Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    http://www.hourences.com/book/tutorialsue3foliage.htm

I know that isn't what you need, but i guess it lets static meshes blow in the wind? Thought it might help...so if anything else bump\

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    sory. i was wrong. it was an animated texture for the TREE itself: ie: its branches. i noticed it while browsing thru some of epics foliage packages. sory for the mix up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd like to create a decent side forest enviorment with dynamic shadows, setting up an animated material would be a pain per tree, and having a skeletal based tree would lag once the tree count starts raising.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    An animated texture for the shadow? Meaning that it doesn't extrapolate dynamic lighting at all?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    wow..... very cool.

oh yea, kronos. try opeing one of Epics trees and seeing how they make it look moving... i think they actually have an animated texture for it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think speed tree is a foliage creation software to create trees and stuff with a lot of variety and then import directly into UT3.
    And to answer Kronos's question. Uhh .. sorry dude .. bump . Hope someone else can help ya.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    umm... just out of interest, WTF is a speedtree?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bump....

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Dynamic SpeedTree shadows

Dynamic SpeedTree shadows

I've had no success in having a SpeedTree actor cast a dynamic shadow, is this even possible?

In the picture below I have 3 examples of my scenerio. The first tree on the left is the exact same tree as the one in the middle, however its an interp actor instead of a static mesh, which allows it to cast a dynamic soft shadow instead of a static shadow like the one in the middle has. As you might already know, interp actors are meant for doors, and other moving objects. Precisely what I need since trees move.

I'd rather not import an animated skeletal tree just to get this effect, I would like to use a SpeedTree instead for performance reasons.

[shot]http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3787/treeshadowsuv3.jpg[/shot]
Working...
X