Misc ragdolls in a map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misc ragdolls in a map?

I found a human skeleton with a proper set of bones (no pun intended ) applied to it.

Is it possible to place it in a map as a ragdoll item? In other words, leaving the skeleton lying around, and if someone shoots at it, it will go flying off like a dead body.

I'm also interested in doing this. Anyone? Anyone?

One recalls the UT2004 tutorial videos where they had bodies hanging from chains. That would be fun in UT3!

Comment

this is easy actually, just apply the proper physics asset to it. you will notice that when you build maps using skeletal actors even the editor warns you that it doesnt have a physics setting assigned to it

Comment

Okay, so I added a SkeletalMesh actor to the level, and set its physics asset.

Now I can collide with it, but it won't move, nor is it ragdolling. How do you set that up?

Comment

All I know is about the KActor but I don't think that's what you're after
          http://www.hourences.com/book/tutorialsue3phys.htm

Comment

Looks like that's just for rigid body stuff.

Comment

the actor class you need is called: Kasset

Comment

Checkmark the Physics Assets tab, select one of the physics assets, and place it in your map.

Comment

Cool, the KAsset was what I was looking for. Got a ragdoll in my map now!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X